Verizon starts their 4G ad campaigns... looking good

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Woa wait a sec. I thought they were staying away from tiered data plans to make it more appealing for at&t users to switch over.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Just checked for South Orange County, California and the site says we'll get it by 2010...which means within a month?

AndQuocDrew

Reaction score
Hahahah Pimp! I live in renton and we got 4g by the end of 2010 :) Perfect cuz im getting the Etna! :D

TheLastNative

Reaction score
So I'm confused. Does the entire network become 4G? Or will only new phones enjoy the benefits of the 4G Network?

deputc26

Reaction score
No, 4g will roll out area by area and only new phones with 4g hardware will be able to use 4g.

By the way KZI I love the way that when you put that picture in your sig Android had like 2% market share and now it's sitting on top of the world dancedroid

preacher1611

Reaction score
So how do I check abs see when my area will get 4g?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
bazar6
No-one knows for sure at this point but it's likely they will go to tiered plans. The expense they are not worried about (i.e. they are and have been more expensive than AT&T). They are more focused on coverage and features to lure AT&T customers. With the iPhone coming and their rolling out of 4G ahead of AT&T (who already has adopted tiers) I don't see them dropping their prices for 'competitive' reasons. After all they need to pay for all these tower mods they're doing:icon_ banana:

By the way KZI I love the way that when you put that picture in your sig Android had like 2% market share and now it's sitting on top of the world dancedroid

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damit... hate not being able to edit in these news threads....

Lol, thanks, yeah just really liked it at the time. Didn't realize Android would grow as fast as it did. Kind of sad in some aspects:icon_evil: was more 'unique' a year ago... and sadly the continued fragmentation of the 'Google Experience' by the manufacturers piss-poor UIs is going to lead to some problems shortly...

Zargon

Reaction score

Big Fate

Reaction score
Verizon is ridiculous....

Verizon Wireless customers can choose from two 4G LTE Mobile Broadband data plans: $50 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance or $80 monthly access for 10 GB monthly allowance

Come on folks, you didnt think we were called the fastest 4g network in the world for nothing did you??

Super wack.... T-mobile or AT&T doesent charge extra for their 4G

Zargon

Reaction score
Verizon is ridiculous....

Verizon Wireless customers can choose from two 4G LTE Mobile Broadband data plans: $50 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance or $80 monthly access for 10 GB monthly allowance

Come on folks, you didnt think we were called the fastest 4g network in the world for nothing did you??

Super wack.... T-mobile or AT&T doesent charge extra for their 4G

Verizon isn't charging extra for 4G. Those prices are for their USB modems, the 3G plan for 5GB/month for a 3G modem is $59.99.

And for Verizon's Tablets, Mobile Hotspots, Netbooks & Notebooks, it's exactly the same price for the same amount of data.

Check it out at Verizon:

Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Plans

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
We need to wait until mid-2011 for new phones? What happened to February?

Verizon to Launch LTE “4G” Network December 5th | News | The Mac Observer

Who to believe....The CEO(?) who said a few weeks ago February, or an official press release? My guess is the CEO is going to be closer to the truth, but official press releases don't like to risk overpromising.

The LTE network will be up and running soon. There will be huge demand for the first handsets out. I think it becomes almost like an arms-race for the mfrs to be first to market. You grab buku sales beating the competition to market by even just two weeks.

Droid101

Reaction score
IMO, that commercial kind of sucked. I mean, hes excited to get it and in the end throws it away. Oh well, my DX isn't LTE compatible and won't be getting LTE in my area for ages I'm sure.

Don't feel bad. I am in the Albany, NY area; and when EV-DO first rolled out, we were one of the last areas to get it. I don't see how LTE will be any different. I had my Moto E815 for months before I was actually able to use it to its full potential. I fear the same will be true when I get an LTE capable phone.

Nevermind that we're the capital of the freakin' state, when it comes to VZW services, we always get the good stuff last.

In reference to this post Verizon at CES announced the cities which will be added this year and Albany NY was one of them. Now I hope my area Amsterdam NY will be serviced at the same time were only 20 min away:)