Verizon Shifts The Focus of The Droid Does Campaign; More User Friendly & Less Sci-Fi

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;XW0wb039vng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0wb039vng&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Previously, Verizon's Droid Does ad campaign was very affective at getting people to notice the new Droids in the market. Now the Droids have been around for a while, and Verizon has decided to shift the focus of their Droid Does ad campaign to appeal to a wider and more educated audience. Their new campaign will be less "sci-fi with scary robots invading" and instead focus on a more practical and literal approach. Now, they are simply showing off the things that Droids can do to improve people's lives. Here's one of the first commercials above.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
New models not featured?

they should say how awesome that once you buy your D4, there will be a D5, D5x and D6 out by June! Then a few more RAZRs. A few toned down, grandma ready phones "with android."

I'm sorry but Moto has been outed as a company making tons of models, to saturate the market hoping randoms but their phones on a whim when their LG phone dies or gets dropped. Not really caring about quality over quantity. The walmart approach.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ You make some valid points.

djspy

Reaction score
I want to launch apps using my voice and can't figure out how. How do i do it?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Nice to see them get back to the original stuff.

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They should include less "blur" too!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the "Droid Does" advertising campaign launched Android into prime time. I noticed this commercial on last night during the nba playoffs. Glad to see Verizon get back to the roots of what made the Droid so popular.

FrankieZee

Reaction score
I like the absence of a Bionic when they showed the different models at the end. Really hammers home the point that Moto and VZW have already forgotten about it when the Razr was released pretty much weeks after... Makes me glad I waited specifically for mine.

(Not that it's a bad phone)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mike8016

Reaction score
I like the absence of a Bionic when they showed the different models at the end. Really hammers home the point that Moto and VZW have already forgotten about it when the Razr was released pretty much weeks after... Makes me glad I waited specifically for mine.

(Not that it's a bad phone)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think they market the Razr/Maxx and the D4 because if the phone battery goes bad you have to get a new phone and with the Bionic you can just keep swapping batterys.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I think they market the Razr/Maxx and the D4 because if the phone battery goes bad you have to get a new phone and with the Bionic you can just keep swapping batterys.
That's not completely true. It is still pretty easy to remove but does look like you may void waranty by doing so. However, imo, by the time you need a new battery, you will already be out of warranty anyways. At least when it comes to the D4 and I imagine since the D4 and the Razr are pretty much the same phone you can open the Razr to.

Motorola Droid 4 Teardown - iFixit

Last edited:

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the absence of a Bionic when they showed the different models at the end. Really hammers home the point that Moto and VZW have already forgotten about it when the Razr was released pretty much weeks after... Makes me glad I waited specifically for mine...

It could have been worse...

You could have purchased a Thunderbolt on drop day and had Verizon forget about it by the time you got it home from the store. :mad: