Motorola is Preparing Monster $500 Million Advertising Campaign in U.S. and Europe

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-phone-designed-by-you-ad.jpeg

According to sources at the Wall Street Journal, the new "makeover" for Motorola's advertising plan is only just getting started. According to their sources, Moto is planning a massive $500 Million dollar ad campaign to span across the U.S. and Europe. This number is still small compared to the $1Billion plus that Samsung spent globally last year, but it is still nothing to scoff at.

It's probably one of the smartest moves Motorola could make though. They have a huge hill to climb to make their way to the top. Currently they only have a paltry 1% of the global smartphone marketshare. Luckily, they are off to a big start with the upcoming Moto X phone, which has been confirmed to be on every major U.S. (and European) carrier, including Verizon.

What do you guys think? Could a monstrous marketing push be enough to help Moto get competitive with the juggernauts of Apple and Samsung?

skennelly

Reaction score
Nope, especially not with the story earlier today about the double locked and encrypted bootloaders. Motorola doesn't have a chance until Google takes complete control.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Nope, especially not with the story earlier today about the double locked and encrypted bootloaders. Motorola doesn't have a chance until Google takes complete control.

Completely agree.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

KaChow

Reaction score
I think that Marketing is absolutely critical for Motorola to get ahead and even compete. It seems like they have just been missing out on the boat, both HTC and Samsung releasing powerhouse devices and Motorola sitting it out in the corner with not so much a single confirmation of anything that is competitive with what is available on the market gaining consumer dollars. They need to throw another $500m on the table if they really want to compete, and Google has deep pockets to make it happen, see my sig that is Motorola's Mission Statement. If more people buy Motorola and even with the Development concern on the dual locked bootloaders, who knows maybe if Motorola really has a product that is revolutionary, then I would believe it is more than likely that there will be an even greater Development participation. But Motorola needs to step it up, put the money on the table and show us why we should buy another device from them -or get out of the way.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Motorola needs something big that will make the S4 and iPhone look like nothing. The problem is tht I don't know if Motorola will do that considering that they have never really been at the top with the best phones or anything like that. They need to actually get better phones that don't have issues on them and more memory. If they included more memory than that would be HUGE for them and the others would have to step up their game.