Verizon confirmed today that ICS is coming to the BIONIC. No time frame given...

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Verizon officially announced today that the BIONIC (along with other devices) is indeed going to see ICS this year. Unfortunately they didn't give a date...

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Not to be the bearer of bad news but we all know this already. Dont look for it till the 3rd quarter of the year.

OP
D

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Not to be the bearer of bad news but we all know this already. Dont look for it till the 3rd quarter of the year.

This was already known prior to today?! I feel like an idiot for posting this now! Can you provide the statements from Verizon and/or Motorola prior to today's announcement please????? Sorry guys/gals

Phoenixk

Reaction score
I heard no later then May. This time I believe it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

debrad0307

Reaction score
We have all heard for over 6 months now that the bionic will get ICS but no one can give a time frame. I've heard January and February and March... Guess what? Still no ICS... At this point I dint even care.. There are ICS roms if you want it so bad. I'm not holding my breath.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
^^Exactly. And there's no way they won't release ICS to the Bionic this year. Yeah it sort of fell into the dust, but it's not forgotten, and it's specs aren't incredibly different from other phones to make giving it ICS such a major challenge. Just relax, download go launcher or something, try a ROM, and wait for it to happen. When the time comes, it will be announced EVERYWHERE.

ppipowerclass

Reaction score
The 2 year old Thunderbolt HTC POS is getting it.. But not the Droid X, X2, Droid 2 or 3??? WTF. Verizon playing favorites much? wow.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It probably has a lot to do with the hardwares' upgradability... the TBolt was a solid piece of hardware when I had it, I can see why they are able to upgrade it to ICS

PILLMUZIK

Reaction score
I WENT IN TO VERIZON THE OTHER DAY WHEN MY MICROPHONE WHEN OUT AND WHEN THEY SWITCHED OUT MY PHONE MY FRIEND WHO WORKED THERE TOLD ME THE BIONIC WAS RECIEVING ICS NEXT MONTH .I'm LOOKING FORWARD TO IT BECAUSE ONCE THE UPDATE GOES OUT DEVELOPERS LIKE HASHCODE AND DROID THEORY WILL BE ABLE TO FIX THE FFC AND ALSO PULL THE CAMERA AND DELIVER US CUSTOMIZABLE VANILLA ANDROID ON ONE OF THE BEST PHONES....THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO WOULD GET THESE BOOTLOADERS UNLOCKED... COME ON GOOGLE/MOTOROLA....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums .....WWW REVERBNATION.COM/PILLMUZIKGROUP

zirkdog

Reaction score
I WENT IN TO VERIZON THE OTHER DAY WHEN MY MICROPHONE WHEN OUT AND WHEN THEY SWITCHED OUT MY PHONE MY FRIEND WHO WORKED THERE TOLD ME THE BIONIC WAS RECIEVING ICS NEXT MONTH .I'm LOOKING FORWARD TO IT BECAUSE ONCE THE UPDATE GOES OUT DEVELOPERS LIKE HASHCODE AND DROID THEORY WILL BE ABLE TO FIX THE FFC AND ALSO PULL THE CAMERA AND DELIVER US CUSTOMIZABLE VANILLA ANDROID ON ONE OF THE BEST PHONES....THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO WOULD GET THESE BOOTLOADERS UNLOCKED... COME ON GOOGLE/MOTOROLA....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums .....WWW REVERBNATION.COM/PILLMUZIKGROUP

You heard it here first folks!!! A reliable source says ICS is coming next month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DB_Tae

Reaction score
You heard it here first folks!!! A reliable source says ICS is coming next month.

I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic or not lulz.

nateohio

Reaction score
I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic or not lulz.

Sarcasm all the way man!!!!

On a side note, it amazes me that people actually listen to some random guy when it comes to stuff like this!!!! Until you see it in an official statement from either Moto or VZW don't believe anything you hear from a rep on either side of the house. Most of us on this forum know more about the phones and upgrades coming than any of the reps do!!!!!

DB_Tae

Reaction score
Sarcasm all the way man!!!!

On a side note, it amazes me that people actually listen to some random guy when it comes to stuff like this!!!! Until you see it in an official statement from either Moto or VZW don't believe anything you hear from a rep on either side of the house. Most of us on this forum know more about the phones and upgrades coming than any of the reps do!!!!!

Agreed, too many people are easily persuaded by unofficial announcements. ETAs with technology are never accurate. =[