Cautionary Tale for those Waiting for ICS

grgguy

Reaction score
Sucks to be a Razr owner!
ICS on the Bionic has made it the phone everyone expected it to be. I've run 2 leaks .2233 and .232 and both are 100% better than GB ever was. As far as this flash issue. You can't make everyone happy all the time and it seems to me that the Razr owner are just looking for something to complain about . Seems to me they should have known better than to have bought a Razr to begin with. I'm no expert but after holding each phone in my hand it was plain to see which phone was better.
I wouldn't trade my Bionic for any other phone out there right now.

Last edited:

maaybraak

Reaction score
Then it's definitely something within the individual phones cause I've not had single issue w/flash, but on the other side of the coin my Bionic didn't go from 1.0 to 1.2 over clock CPU. I guess each phone has its own list of pros and cons.

Sent from my ICED .232 Bionic

islandsapart

Reaction score
im rooted and on ics .232 and was on .230 i kept flash with both leaks , if the ota is gonna have problems with flash ill stay on the leak. lol

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
im rooted and on ics .232 and was on .230 i kept flash with both leaks , if the ota is gonna have problems with flash ill stay on the leak. lol

Keep in mind when Verizon/Motorola did the official update to the Razr the update automatically deleted flash for everyone. Users were told to reinstall it.

Sent from my rooted Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk 2.

skennelly

Reaction score
If Flash video is a must for you then delay the Bionic ICS update until it is fully confirmed that Flash works, works consistently and without major glitches. This is a consequence of Adobe discontinuing Flash support and Google not maintaining support for older versions in their Android updates. Even the Nexus 7 with Jellybean requires rooting and a work around to get it to work.

Not sure, but I've read that on the Nexus 7 it was just a matter of downloading flash from the play store and using a browser other than chrome. Dolphin, Opera, etc. are all options to have working flash.

Sent from my unlocked GTab 2 running CM10

BeHell

Reaction score
Bionic with .232 ICS. Flash works great for me on Dolphin HD browser. doesn't work on chrome. embedded video works great on chrome(HTML5??) but not so good on dolphin lol eh, who really needs flash? do you really want to see all those ads anyway?? Ive had issues with both foxfi and Wifi-Tethering apps. Something to do with AD-HOC. PdaNet 3.50 works great via USBtethering(using it right now). I've had issues with the disappearing app shortcuts on homescreens. Only after I stack them in folders though. Battery life is worse, but that's common knowledge with all ICS upgraded phones(OTA or otherwise) I can't switch between CDMA/LTE(4g/3g) and CDMA-only(3g) anymore. and 4g kills the battery on anything other than the RAZR MAXX. Still, everything else so far has been really nice and an has been an improvement over gingerbread, IMO.

Last edited:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Hey Behell! Try getting the "lte on-off" App for the HTC Tbolt on the playstore! That's what all the Razr guys are using now to switch 4G To 3G!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
:-D Glad to help! You learn so much on here browsing everyone's tips,tricks, and issues!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

bobbyp

Reaction score
I really thought flash was not working on my Bionic for a couple of weeks then I actually noticed it was not installed today. I am on the 232 leak and reinstalled today. Guess what? It works again. Frustrated for nothing.

powrful1

Reaction score
My flash experience: many sites work. Some will act like they load and keep buffering but won't play. It is frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 232 w/ Tapatalk™

skidoo

Reaction score
I really thought flash was not working on my Bionic for a couple of weeks then I actually noticed it was not installed today. I am on the 232 leak and reinstalled today. Guess what? It works again. Frustrated for nothing.

I had a similar experience, only in my case, Flash hadn't been updated to the latest version. After the update, every site (I've visited) works fine (with the stock browser). That's for 232 and 235.

Makes me wonder how many of these "it's broken!" messages are just the result of simple oversights.

As for "watching TV," I'm not sure exactly what the OP was referring to, but I watch Hulu+ and Netflix all the time on my ICS Bionic.

___
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.