upgrading early with VZW

CapsFan619

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been wanting to throw my env touch out the window for 6 months or so. I've called VZW a few times asking for an upgrade with no luck. My official upgrade date is Feb 10 2011--so I'm only thirty couple days away. I plan on trying again next monday when I'm within the 30 day window. Now that I've seen the CES details with no firm date for any new must-have device I want to upgrade ASAP.

My question, for those of you who have gotten VZW to move your upgrade date have you been able to buy your device from a 3rd party at the discounted price? IE from Best Buy, Wirefly, Amazon Wireless, etc.? Or when VZW moves your upgrade date is that something that only they honor at their typical $199 price point?

Thanks!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, if Verizon moves you up, then you have to buy from them to get the advantange.

Usually the deals fro BB, Wirefly, etc are for new customers, not for people with existing lines.

vernontwg

Reaction score
your upgrade is almost in perfect timing for when the new 4g LTE phones are coming out!

GDP

Reaction score
I would wait, those new phones will be out before you know it. You'll be kicking yourself in 2 months if you settle for something now

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

mikehal38

Reaction score
your upgrade is almost in perfect timing for when the new 4g LTE phones are coming out!

Do we know exactly when? Or is it still early 2nd quarter? Which would be march or april, correct?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
C

CapsFan619

Reaction score
Actually, those sites let you check your upgrade status by entering your phone number and will tell you when your eligible. Some deals are for new customers only but many are for "qualified upgrades" and will tell me to check back on or after 2/10/11.

Grabbing a Droid 2 Global for $49 or an Incredible (which i really think I'd prefer to a similar spec'd 4.3 screen--I'd just prefer something smaller) for FREE may be more appealing to me than a larger phone or a touch only phone in a few months. Not to mention, VZW refuses to announce details on 4g pricing and I really just want to listen to ESPN Radio and Pandora at work--something 3g is plenty sufficient for.

Last edited:

vernontwg

Reaction score

Do we know exactly when? Or is it still early 2nd quarter? Which would be march or april, correct?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I don't think we know exactly... but I think verizon will definitely deliver by the end of the quarter... at least i hope haha

sd4life

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been wanting to throw my env touch out the window for 6 months or so. I've called VZW a few times asking for an upgrade with no luck. My official upgrade date is Feb 10 2011--so I'm only thirty couple days away. I plan on trying again next monday when I'm within the 30 day window. Now that I've seen the CES details with no firm date for any new must-have device I want to upgrade ASAP.

My question, for those of you who have gotten VZW to move your upgrade date have you been able to buy your device from a 3rd party at the discounted price? IE from Best Buy, Wirefly, Amazon Wireless, etc.? Or when VZW moves your upgrade date is that something that only they honor at their typical $199 price point?

Thanks!

We are almost in the same boat. I have a env touch and I CAN'T STAND IT. It keeps turning off or it will 'reboot' and go back to the factory settings. And the touch screen isn't accurate at all. I'll attempt to dial 2 and 0 will come up. My upgrade is on 2-28. I called last month to see if they'd let me upgrade since I would be getting a smart phone and a data package and the guy on the phone was very nice and said he couldn't do anything this early out, but to try and call 1 month before my upgrade date so I've been counting down the days until 1-28. We are looking at getting the Droid 2 because we both want the QWERTY keyboard.