Just got Droided!!! Go VZW customer service!

streetkid

Reaction score
Narf, just called. They said they could get me the phone for $299 with a $100 rebate. She suggested I wait till I'm actually eligible (4 days) and I could get it online for 199 - 50 new every 2 and just pay 150 up front... unfortunately I have more time than I do money.. looks like I'm waiting.

victoriac

Reaction score
Wow, I really have to thank you, I got my Droid at Best Buy last night and always forget about the price matching thing. I paid $199, so I just called and they told me to bring my receipt because Walmart is still at 148.88 and they are going to give me a price adjustment, so thank you, thank you, thank you :)

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
no problem, i liked it because now i can buy 50 dollars worth of apps before the wife complains, cuz we budgeted for a 200 dollar phone

k3ith29

Reaction score
January 31st was the date I was supposed to be eligible for a new phone. I too got really impatient. Well my last phone broke and would not charge anymore. So I thought "screw it I cant wait, Im paying full price for the phone".

I went into the verizon store, told them the problems with my phone. They said "well we can replace it'. I said well honestly Im tierd of this phone and just want to go ahead and get the droid. She said "well you dont have to much longer to wait if you want to hold off and get the discounted price"

I said "well, to be honest I just want the droid bad and cant wait anymore" She said "give me a minute" About 10 minutes later she came back and said "tell you what, we will go ahead and let you upgrade early and get the discounted price"

Talk about GREAT NEWS I couldnt believe it! and this was DECEMBER 17th! I wasnt eligible for a new phone till january 31st!

Verizon has been awsome to me in the past with problems I had with other phones and this just topped it.

chops

Reaction score
I have a bit of a story, my wife is on my family share plan with me, I called 2 weeeks ago to see if i can do an early upgrade for her. I was speaking to customer service and told them how much of a problem the lg dare was giving her and they told me the earliest upgrade I can do is in april and that was considered early cause i belive august was when her contract was up. The customer service rep didnt want to hear it i was not going to get a early upgrade. I said fine ill sell my droid and and go to fAil t&t, you know just seeing if they would go for that even his supervisor was not going for that he was saying I was giving putting him in a impossible position and tried to explain to me how they make no money off the phones and especially it was a second line on my family plan it would be definetly a no go on a early upgrade. So I said fine and hung up. Well my wife got wind of this and wrote a nice email to verizon and the very next morning they called my house saying sorry and that i can go in nd get whatever phone i want at the promotional price....... so i laughed and i was amazed how stupid customer service can be sometimes.

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I have a bit of a story, my wife is on my family share plan with me, I called 2 weeeks ago to see if i can do an early upgrade for her. I was speaking to customer service and told them how much of a problem the lg dare was giving her and they told me the earliest upgrade I can do is in april and that was considered early cause i belive august was when her contract was up. The customer service rep didnt want to hear it i was not going to get a early upgrade. I said fine ill sell my droid and and go to fAil t&t, you know just seeing if they would go for that even his supervisor was not going for that he was saying I was giving putting him in a impossible position and tried to explain to me how they make no money off the phones and especially it was a second line on my family plan it would be definetly a no go on a early upgrade. So I said fine and hung up. Well my wife got wind of this and wrote a nice email to verizon and the very next morning they called my house saying sorry and that i can go in nd get whatever phone i want at the promotional price....... so i laughed and i was amazed how stupid customer service can be sometimes.

That part kind of bothers me, let me tell ya why. I work in a call center for a cable company, and honestly there is alot of stuff customers ask of me that I really just cant do. We as regular agents only have so much power, and even our supervisors have limits. Although honestly when you get to a supervisor most of the time they aren't really a supervisor, just an agent with a bit more power.

Sending an email went to corporate, who just wants the stuff done, so its not really that customer service was stupid, but that you really were putting him in an impossible position.

jsprings

Reaction score
Hi, I had an upgrade date for 2/20, and been counting the days since the Droid came out, and with 10 days to go I couldn't take it anymore and called VZW, and got the best customer service I have ever had.

Just an FYI for you - and others who might not know. Verizon allows you to upgrade 30 days ahead of your 'due date.' At least they did for me. My date was in January, and I got my Droid in the beginning of December.

My update was April 2010 and I was allowed to update on Nov. 6, release date.

Happy, happy, Droid owner.
:icon_ banana:

victoriac

Reaction score
Ok, I already got the the price match from Best Buy once during this 30 day period. I bought the Droid at Best Buy for $199 but as posted Walmart has it for $148.88, so took my receipt to Best Buy and they gave me the difference. Now Dell.com has is for $49.99, will Best Buy match it again with this you think?

AtlPikMan

Reaction score
Just an FYI for you - and others who might not know. Verizon allows you to upgrade 30 days ahead of your 'due date.' At least they did for me. My date was in January, and I got my Droid in the beginning of December.

Yeah My Upgrade date was March 6, 10..I called Feb. 20 and asked if i could upgrade. I was put on hold and a supervisor gave me a new upgrade date 2-19 10. Kudos to them for doing that.

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
I was turned down at the Verizon corporate store today because my wife's line is 5 months away from early upgrade eligibility. Called Customer Service when I got home and after a little sweet talk and reminding them how long I have been with VZW, I was allowed to upgrade both lines and get the Droids at BOGO!! The only thing was that I couldn't get them at the store, had to have them ship to me, so I won't have them until Wednesday... I know how everyone complains about how dismal VZW Customer Service is, but I have never had an issue that wasn't resolved reasonably painlessly!

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I was turned down at the Verizon corporate store today because my wife's line is 5 months away from early upgrade eligibility. Called Customer Service when I got home and after a little sweet talk and reminding them how long I have been with VZW, I was allowed to upgrade both lines and get the Droids at BOGO!! The only thing was that I couldn't get them at the store, had to have them ship to me, so I won't have them until Wednesday... I know how everyone complains about how dismal VZW Customer Service is, but I have never had an issue that wasn't resolved reasonably painlessly!

It really sometimes depends on the agent, but most of the time, you treat them right, they take care of you. I do that same thing here at my job.

Jllaugh

Reaction score
Very nice! I laughed when I read this because I had the same experience. My upgrade was on the 27th of Feb and my old Pearl was dropping calls and randomly powering off. I called VZW and asked if we could expedite my upgrade and asked if I could pick up in a store. They said they could since I was within 30 days of my upgrade date, but just wouldn't be able to upgrade online.. I had to order over phone or go in to a store. They made a note on my account saying an early upgrade was fine and they directed me to the nearest VZW store.. That was a whole 3 weeks before I was due.

It's nice VZW actually seems to help people out.. cool!

whowland

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen, but we had a few months to go... We called VZW and they said no prob when every store said hell NO!! So we talked to them on the phone and had our Droids the next day, front door service... I won't go to a store anymore..

wsbsteven

Reaction score
I just got shot down by VZW over the phone on an early upgrade of a "feature phone" to the Droid. The upgrade date is in May and they would only give me 1 year pricing. I may try again and see what happens later.