Just got Droided!!! Go VZW customer service!

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Hi, I had an upgrade date for 2/20, and been counting the days since the Droid came out, and with 10 days to go I couldn't take it anymore and called VZW, and got the best customer service I have ever had. I told her about the problems with my current phone (constant bad reception and shutting down). The lady put me on hold for around 8 minutes, after four of that she came back to let me know that she was getting a supervisor to make the change, put me back on hold for the rest of the time and came back to let me know I could go pick a droid up today. I went to my local best buy and got one no problem, they even price matched wal mart so i got it for 148.88. I am extremely impressed with the customer service at both best buy and most especially VZW! Oh, and my droid is sweet too, no chance to play with it yet, it sits there on my desk at work here taunting me.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

It sounds like you were extremely lucky with VZW!!! Glad to here you like it though.....

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
qwiksilver, welcome

question :): can you go to settings... about... can you tell us the firmware version? curious if they updated the in-store phones yet

mudpro69

Reaction score
Hi, I had an upgrade date for 2/20, and been counting the days since the Droid came out, and with 10 days to go I couldn't take it anymore and called VZW, and got the best customer service I have ever had. I told her about the problems with my current phone (constant bad reception and shutting down). The lady put me on hold for around 8 minutes, after four of that she came back to let me know that she was getting a supervisor to make the change, put me back on hold for the rest of the time and came back to let me know I could go pick a droid up today. I went to my local best buy and got one no problem, they even price matched wal mart so i got it for 148.88. I am extremely impressed with the customer service at both best buy and most especially VZW! Oh, and my droid is sweet too, no chance to play with it yet, it sits there on my desk at work here taunting me.

Welcome to the droid family. I know it is tearing you up having it just sit there. My wife ordered ours for Christmas (they arrived on Dec. 22nd) That woman wrapped them up and would not let me have it until Christmas day. Be patient...the Droid is worth the wait...

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
qwiksilver, welcome

question :): can you go to settings... about... can you tell us the firmware version? curious if they updated the in-store phones yet

sure, will have to wait for another 2 hours tho, not allowed to touch my phone at work

EDIT: while in store and putting my gmail info in it tried to do a system update, I said no because I was trying to put my gmail stuff in... any way to get that update again?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Now you can update your phone type in your profile here.

It will be interesting to see if the update it wants to do is for 2.01 or for 2.1

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP: it will allow you again to download the update, no problem.

and it's definitely 2.0.1..

joshua117

Reaction score
First welcome:)

second my brother just got his the other day, they did the update in store and it was 2.0.1.

on a side not when he told me they did an update just after he got it i quickly grabed the phone out of his hands to see if it was 2.1.:biggrin: but no. a good thing too that might have pissed me off just a little.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Congrats and welcome to the board!

Don't be afraid to ask questions, but please use the search function as to not clutter the boards (i have a couple times, so don't be afraid). Everyone around here if very helpful and will do their best to help fellow Droid owners.

Look forward to the 2.1 update rolling out this week too

KevinJ

Reaction score
Hi, I had an upgrade date for 2/20, and been counting the days since the Droid came out, and with 10 days to go I couldn't take it anymore and called VZW, and got the best customer service I have ever had.

Just an FYI for you - and others who might not know. Verizon allows you to upgrade 30 days ahead of your 'due date.' At least they did for me. My date was in January, and I got my Droid in the beginning of December.

streetkid

Reaction score
What!?, I'm due for my upgrade on Feb 14th and have been waiting patiently.. should I just go walk into my VZW store and ask?.. I went in some time in January and they told me I had to wait, not sure when that was..

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I bought my Droid a week or 10 days ago. I said I would never buy anything at a VZW store again, because you can always get the same thing cheaper at BB or Wal-Mart. But I gave the VZW store one more try. The Driod was still $199, but I got a $100 mail in rebate, making my final cost $99. BB was cheaper out the door but not doing any rebate at the time.

BradDroid

Reaction score
What!?, I'm due for my upgrade on Feb 14th and have been waiting patiently.. should I just go walk into my VZW store and ask?.. I went in some time in January and they told me I had to wait, not sure when that was..

I would certainly try. :)

I like hearing good stories like this. Nothing worse than taking the plunge only to find out the cs sucks. Ruins the whole experience.