New Every 2 (verizon)

Mandroid11

Reaction score
So I've been told that both lines get new every 2 discounts on phones at the end of 20 months, and i've been told they don't.

Alesha: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
Me: Hi, my current New every 2 date is scheduled for November 28, but I was wondering if it'd be possible to move it to earlier in order to upgrade earlier
Alesha: I will be more than happy to assist you with your questions concerning your upgrade.
Alesha: Are you logged into "My Verizon" with your username and password?
Me: not yet
Alesha: Ok! To better assist you, may I have your mobile number with the area code please?
Me: i'm on a family plan with 2 numbers, which one should i give you
Me: i'm looking to use the new every 2 for both
Alesha: The new every two discount ONLY applies to the primary line.
Me: even with a $90/month family plan?
Alesha: Yes may I have your mobile number please?

All I'm looking to do is upgrade both lines on my family plan with the new 2 year price on phones, but if only 1 phone gets that new 2 year price and the other phone has to be bought full price then i'm not staying with verizon.

Can anyone clear this stuff up for me? (looking to get normal feature phone on primary(no data), and droid x on secondary)

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
So I've been told that both lines get new every 2 discounts on phones at the end of 20 months, and i've been told they don't.

Alesha: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
Me: Hi, my current New every 2 date is scheduled for November 28, but I was wondering if it'd be possible to move it to earlier in order to upgrade earlier
Alesha: I will be more than happy to assist you with your questions concerning your upgrade.
Alesha: Are you logged into "My Verizon" with your username and password?
Me: not yet
Alesha: Ok! To better assist you, may I have your mobile number with the area code please?
Me: i'm on a family plan with 2 numbers, which one should i give you
Me: i'm looking to use the new every 2 for both
Alesha: The new every two discount ONLY applies to the primary line.
Me: even with a $90/month family plan?
Alesha: Yes may I have your mobile number please?

All I'm looking to do is upgrade both lines on my family plan with the new 2 year price on phones, but if only 1 phone gets that new 2 year price and the other phone has to be bought full price then i'm not staying with verizon.

Can anyone clear this stuff up for me? (looking to get normal feature phone on primary(no data), and droid x on secondary)
your ne2 can only be obtained ON The ANNIVERSARY DATE

OP
Mandroid11

Mandroid11

Reaction score
I've heard of quite a few people here on the forum who've gotten theirs early by asking, so I figured I'd try. But anyways that's not my question, it's if both lines will get that new 2 year pricing on phones, and the main line will get that $50 credit? That's what I've heard is true, but the rep I'm talking to says it isn't.. so I'm confused.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I have always upgraded all of my phones by NE2, I have three lines on one family plan. If I am right, premium grade calling plans come with NE2, only difference between primary and other lines is that the prmary line may upgrade earlier. Something @ a year with a $20 fee.
This is my understanding, I am in no way 100 sure about my info.
Sent from Droid2

pa9747

Reaction score
Both lines will qualify for discounted two year pricing but only the primary gets the additional NE2 discount of $50. Also, depending when you added the second line, the upgrade dates could be different between the two lines.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App