Annual phone upgrades... Are they back?

Beka27

Reaction score
I just got an email with the subject line "Congratulations, you've earned a new phone!"

Confused, I opened it and it says that my line (the primary number) is eligible for an upgrade at discounted pricing. The Droid 3 is showing at $199, the Bionic at $249, etc... I checked my husband's account, and his says he can upgrade but only at full retail.

Today is exactly one year since we bought our Droid Xs, so my question is... are the annual upgrades back for the primary number? I thought they did away with them last January (along with the "New Every 2" discount)?

What's going on? Has anyone else gotten this email?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It seems to vary. I was able to upgrade to the Bionic a year early as well, and my new date is 2 years from the date I upgraded, not 2 years from my original renewal date.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Depends on customer I guess?

I used an annual upgrade last november

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
In general, if you signed up before they changed the policy they are honoring the initial agreement for an early upgrade. It is a one time deal though. And it costs $20 to take advantage of early upgrade pricing.

If you talk to customer service though, you might get that waived (I did) and they shipped my new phone for free with 2nd day air shipping.

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Ah yes. That must be it then. My phone was purchased a few months before the policy change. I should have another NE2 if I wait til summer, which I will.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums