Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

newark_b

Reaction score
Probably the most horrendously worded post ever

Oh, I know I've hinted at this before, but I also would just like to say that this MOD is now officially compatible with ANY Droid1 ROM. Also, it is almost compatible with any ROM for any phone, however, hold off on flashing this on other phones until I figure out how to detect the model of the phone using scripting, and then push different versions of build.prop to system accordingly.
Although probably not the most efficient (or syntax-tually correct?), couldn't you do the following:
Code:
 modelchecker.sh
#!/bin/bash

if grep -q ro.product.name=inc build.prop; then      #Dinc as example
	$CP /tmp/inc/build.prop /system/ 
fi

if grep -q ro.product.name=trout build.prop; then    #Dream/G1/Trout as example
	$CP /tmp/dream/build.prop /system/ 
fi

# add more if-then statements for each phone model (or at least the good ones)
# [COLOR="Red"]ro.product.name=inc[/COLOR] ; this is the STRING that grep is searching for
# if you want to see if the device is a G1, replace [COLOR="SeaGreen"]=inc[/COLOR] with [COLOR="#2e8b57"]=trout[/COLOR]
# [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]build.prop[/COLOR] ; this is the FILE that grep is searching in (looking for STRING)
Basically your updater-script could run_program("modelchecker.sh");
then the modelchecker.sh script would have an if-then statement that checks the current build.prop to see if the device is a Dinc or a Dream or a Hero or a D1 and so on.
Once it finds the device name, it will then push the appropriate build.prop to /system (just make sure to have a folder in the update zip for each phone model, containing the appropriate build.prop for that phone)
Tada, now your AMAZING mod can work on all phones/ROMs!

Probably not the most efficient, but I think it will work. I hope it will work. I really want this on the Dinc. Please let me know, and thank you for working so hard and taking the time to make this mod as future-proof and compatible it is. My mouse is on the donate button now.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I know I've hinted at this before, but I also would just like to say that this MOD is now officially compatible with ANY Droid1 ROM. Also, it is almost compatible with any ROM for any phone, however, hold off on flashing this on other phones until I figure out how to detect the model of the phone using scripting, and then push different versions of build.prop to system accordingly.
Although probably not the most efficient (or syntax-tually correct?), couldn't you do the following:
Code:
 modelchecker.sh
#!/bin/bash

if grep -q ro.product.name=inc build.prop; then      #Dinc as example
	$CP /tmp/inc/build.prop /system/ 
fi

if grep -q ro.product.name=trout build.prop; then    #Dream/G1/Trout as example
	$CP /tmp/dream/build.prop /system/ 
fi

# add more if-then statements for each phone model (or at least the good ones)
# [COLOR="Red"]ro.product.name=inc[/COLOR] ; this is the STRING that grep is searching for
# if you want to see if the device is a G1, replace [COLOR="SeaGreen"]=inc[/COLOR] with [COLOR="#2e8b57"]=trout[/COLOR]
# [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]build.prop[/COLOR] ; this is the FILE that grep is searching in (looking for STRING)
Basically your updater-script could run_program("modelchecker.sh");
then the modelchecker.sh script would have an if-then statement that checks the current build.prop to see if the device is a Dinc or a Dream or a Hero or a D1 and so on.
Once it finds the device name, it will then push the appropriate build.prop to /system (just make sure to have a folder in the update zip for each phone model, containing the appropriate build.prop for that phone)
Tada, now your AMAZING mod can work on all phones/ROMs!

Probably not the most efficient, but I think it will work. I hope it will work. I really want this on the Dinc. Please let me know, and thank you for working so hard and taking the time to make this mod as future-proof and compatible it is. My mouse is on the donate button now.

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed! I was researching last night on how to modify the build.prop on the fly, so now I'm going to use a combination of your method of checking the phone model, and my method of modifying the values accordingly. That way, I'm only modifying the user's current build.prop, and not potentially pushing an incompatible one to their phone.

I'm quite busy with some freelance animation, so it'll be a day or two before I get around to finishing this. Can I have you test it when it's done?

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
INCREMENTAL UPDATE: Updated to Jrizzill-MOD-v3.0 / Changes since the previous version:
  • OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS ALL ROMS FOR ALL PHONES... ENJOY!

Reaction score
Hey Jrizzill,

Is the mod confirmed working with the latest D1 Miui build 1.3.11.0? Based upon how you’ve engineered it I assume so, but thought I’d check in with you just to be sure. Thanks.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
INCREMENTAL UPDATE: Updated to Jrizzill-MOD-v3.1 / Changes since the previous version:
  • Supports Recent Improvements To Gingerbread & Latest MIUI Framework
Not extensively tested, so please reports bugs back to me.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
NOTE: If you downloaded v3.1 previously to me posting this, then please re-download. There was a bug in the updater script that I did not notice until now. Sorry for the inconvenience.