jrizzill Mod

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I came across this... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/122204-jrizzill-mod-any-rom-any-phone.html

The other day and i think everyone who runs Miui might wanna take a look into running it with your rom especially if you have launcher FC's or miui gets laggy after a few days. To understand what this mod does, click the link and scroll down to post #5, too much for me to explain. Some of you might already know about this and since it was originally developed for Miui i figured i would make people aware of it. I can confirm that my phone does seem to run alot smoother with far less redraws of the launcher as it frees up more internal memory which miui is known to HOG! it also has some add-on features which can cut down on tweaking time when upgrading to a new version of your rom. I am by no means a pro at all this droid stuff but i say if the Pro's out weigh the Con's on this, it might just be worth a sticky in this section!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree that Jrizzill's Mod warrants a Sticky post here in the Miui Thread. I have applied it on every version since 0.12.11.0 and it has always complimented the Jamzelle Miui port nicely via improved performance and memory savings.

Jrizzill gets high praise and props for initially creating his Mod for the D1 Miui port and in the process being recognized by Droid Forums as an Official Developer, then adapting his Mod for use with all D1 roms.

Applying Jrizzill's Mod will continue being a critical part of my Miui version update process.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Sundown

Reaction score
Og droid,,1,1,28 when I go to download it I get unsuccessful download says phone not supported.

Download from a computer and then copy the file onto your SD card. Then you can flash through CWM.

At least, that's what I had to do.

On a side note, after I flashed it, two of my apps no longer display their icon. The icon is actually the one that shows up when an app is loaded onto an SD card, which hasn't fully loaded yet. But they run just fine. Any body got an ideo on that one?

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
Og droid,,1,1,28 when I go to download it I get unsuccessful download says phone not supported.

Download from a computer and then copy the file onto your SD card. Then you can flash through CWM.

On a side note, after I flashed it, two of my apps no longer display their icon. The icon is actually the one that shows up when an app is loaded onto an SD card, which hasn't fully loaded yet. But they run just fine. Any body got an ideo on that one?

Yea same for me i think jrizzill is looking into it and also futhering the add-ons so just sit tight look for improvements on the next release

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

I'm sure that this is a MIUI-specific issue, and only with the stock launcher. If I can figure out how the launcher caches its icons, I probably tell the MOD to flush that cache directory, forcing the launcher to re-build its cache.