MIUI Launcher Load Time

leutbneot

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I'm running a D1 with the most recent version of MIUI and Chevy's 1.2 GHz medium voltage kernel. I've got it overclocked with SetCPU to 800 (min), 1200 (max) MHz, so it runs fast as hell usually.

Now, I've also got LauncherPro on here, because I like being able to switch UIs back and forth, and I love LauncherPro because it does some things MIUI doesn't.

When I hit my Home key, it asks which Launcher I want. If I select LauncherPro, it's up in less than a second. If I select the MIUI Launcher, it takes FOREVER... sometimes up to ten seconds. I usually get a black screen for five seconds, then my background pops up, then finally things fall into place. Why is the MIUI Launcher, the launcher that comes with the ROM, the launcher that the ROM is supposedly designed to use, so friggin slow? It's really annoying. I find myself using the "hold Home to get the open App list" function all the time just so I can avoid using the Launcher. It's really irritating, especially because I spent so much time customizing my MIUI Launcher and it's totally awesome. I'd like to be able to use it more, but it just takes SO LONG to load that I find myself bypassing it whenever I can.

Any thoughts?

shoadelf

Reaction score
It might be slow due to the fact that you have 2 different launchers and they are both sucking up memory. I have not heard too many good things about trying to use LaunchPro with MIUI. Is it just as slow when you only have the MIUI launcher and no other launchers on your Droid?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
It might be slow due to the fact that you have 2 different launchers and they are both sucking up memory. I have not heard too many good things about trying to use LaunchPro with MIUI. Is it just as slow when you only have the MIUI launcher and no other launchers on your Droid?

Not true. I only use Launcher Pro with Miui and it's plenty fast. You just have to set it up properly.

Darkthalasi

Reaction score
I switched to Launcher Pro because of the long load times with MIUI launcher and it works great. I would love to go back if that issue was fixed.

OP
L

leutbneot

Reaction score
I tried force closing LauncherPro so that only the MIUI Launcher would be sucking up memory, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Oh well. Any advice would be appreciated. I wonder if it does the same thing with ADW?

AutoCANE

Reaction score
I tried force closing LauncherPro so that only the MIUI Launcher would be sucking up memory, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Oh well. Any advice would be appreciated. I wonder if it does the same thing with ADW?

ADW.EX is running like butter on my phone right now.

deadhd5

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I'm running a D1 with the most recent version of MIUI and Chevy's 1.2 GHz medium voltage kernel. I've got it overclocked with SetCPU to 800 (min), 1200 (max) MHz, so it runs fast as hell usually.

Now, I've also got LauncherPro on here, because I like being able to switch UIs back and forth, and I love LauncherPro because it does some things MIUI doesn't.

When I hit my Home key, it asks which Launcher I want. If I select LauncherPro, it's up in less than a second. If I select the MIUI Launcher, it takes FOREVER... sometimes up to ten seconds. I usually get a black screen for five seconds, then my background pops up, then finally things fall into place. Why is the MIUI Launcher, the launcher that comes with the ROM, the launcher that the ROM is supposedly designed to use, so friggin slow? It's really annoying. I find myself using the "hold Home to get the open App list" function all the time just so I can avoid using the Launcher. It's really irritating, especially because I spent so much time customizing my MIUI Launcher and it's totally awesome. I'd like to be able to use it more, but it just takes SO LONG to load that I find myself bypassing it whenever I can.

Any thoughts?

The droid 1 does not have enough memory to lock 2 launchers into home at 1 time. You have to choose a default.