Kernel upgrade= NO email or market connection

droidfan01

Reaction score
I am having problems with all types of Kernel upgrades, Slayher and Chevy. Every time I load either one of them, I lose all email (G Mail and Exchange), ROM Manger cannot load download options and the Market does not load anything.

The notice on email is "unable to connect to server". Is there a simple fix that i am missing?

The stock kernel works just fine. Slayher worked well for about a day or so and then it suddenly stopped working.

These problems are pre and post jrizzill mod add on.

Anyone else having this issue??

Thanks in advance for the support!!

dancedroidD1, Loving Miui so far...

OP
D

droidfan01

Reaction score
I did with the Chevy and it did not make a difference. i am going to go back to the Slayher and try this again. Does it need to be wiped before the kernel is installed, i was advised no previously.

thanks!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No you do not wipe. If you did that would remove the rom. For future -- when you install a rom and get your phone set up make a backup then install the theme or kernel. Then, if you want to make a change or something goes wrong you can restore and up and running within a few minutes.

Mike

OP
D

droidfan01

Reaction score
thanks for the help, but the problem persists. i have narrowed down when this problem occurs, but have no clue why.

when i install the new kernel everything works fine, all email, market, text. when i go to make a phone call with either the stock dialer from Miui or Phone Dialer app, it makes the call, but then i lose the email and market connections. If i reboot the phone they all come back, but as soon as i make another call, i lose the them again.

stock kernel works fine all the time. just when i apply a new kernel and the speeds don't make a difference.

Very weird....

thanks.

TSAElement

Reaction score
Sounds like a bug where 3G is severed (during the call) and not picked back up. But keep in mind that it has already been said that Slayher and Chevy kernels are not supported. Try a P3 kernel. I've been using one for the last few days with no issues.

OP
D

droidfan01

Reaction score
thanks to all for the quick efforts.

the build that i am using right now is 10.29. I will flash the most recent 11.26 tonight and hopefully this will no longer be an issue.

it becomes very cumbersome to go back in an load all of the apps over and over again and re organize the pages on the phone with each update

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
thanks to all for the quick efforts.

the build that i am using right now is 10.29. I will flash the most recent 11.26 tonight and hopefully this will no longer be an issue.

it becomes very cumbersome to go back in an load all of the apps over and over again and re organize the pages on the phone with each update

Cool, np. Since I dont think anyone else has had this issue I'm thinking it's unique to you and with that said flashing 11.26 will probably not fix it unless you set it up differently. When you flash 11.26 let it boot up, sign in to all your stuff. Download your apps (dont use restore app), then go into recovery and flash your kernel of choice. Don't flash any mods for a few days so you can isolate the issue. The kernel you use might have something to do with it too. The op for 11.26.1 has all the latest kernels that we tested. Use those! Slayers 1.7 work and Chevys latest work too. I dont think p3 has updated in a while but they work as well.

OP
D

droidfan01

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up and confirm that the 11.26.1 version with Slayher 1100 is working well so far, knock on wood.

Thanks again for the support, this site is the best.