Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question... But, how do you open up the folder with all your apps rather than having them all on the desktops? Also, it won't let me bring up my keyboard, it keeps force closing my "Touch Input has stopped unexpectedly."

Read the User Guide in the main forum... it's not really an option. If you want all your apps in a folder you must manually move them all to a folder, and then you can place that folder on the dock if you want. As far as the keyboard force closing, I have no answer for you...

I loaded V1.2 over 1.1.14.1 and I can't get the theme manager to apply a theme. I downloaded the theme fix zip and applied that is recovery and still have no luck. Help please?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Maybe it's a bug in theme manager? I couldn't get it to apply a theme either -- with or without the MOD installed. Wasn't even aware that there was a fix zip for this issue...

As far as donations go, I greatly appreciate them, and used to have a link to PayPal, but I was PM'ed by several moderators of DroidForums and was told that I was NOT allowed to accept donations of any kind.

Did they give a reason why? I see other developers with donation links in their
signatures all the time. And they should be able to do that and so should you.

Any mod here willing to explain it?

I think it's because I'm not considered an "official" developer. No idea how you even get that title, but it would be nice to have it...

1cardo1

Reaction score
missing quickoffice app

so i installed 1.1.14, its update, and then your mod(v1.2) back to back in recovery, and everything booted up fine, but no quickoffice. so i wiped, and reinstalled in the same sequence, just with reboots in between the three...and still, no quickoffice app. any suggestions?

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
so i installed 1.1.14, its update, and then your mod(v1.2) back to back in recovery, and everything booted up fine, but no quickoffice. so i wiped, and reinstalled in the same sequence, just with reboots in between the three...and still, no quickoffice app. any suggestions?

Thanks for reporting. I was using the wrong version of QuickOffice.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
INCREMENTAL UPDATE: Updated to D1-MIUI-MOD-V1.3 / Changes since the previous version:
  • Build.Prop Overhaul - Now Displays MOD Version Number
  • Fixes QuickOffice Application Not Installing Correctly

blippy15

Reaction score
Jrizzill- the link for the theme-fix.zip file I was talking about is on post 245 of the last release of Miui

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
Love the mods J, but ran in to an issue with 1.3. I wiped data/factory resetreset because my market wouldn't work (not because of your mod), then flashes both miui files and lastly, your mod. Everything is fine, but the miui global search is back instead of just Google search. It might not be your mod, as I didn't test out the search button until I flashes your mod, but I'm not entirely sure how to get rid of it.

Edit: nevermind, just reinstalled google search and rebooted and I was good to go. My bad!

rkeene

Reaction score
Anyone having probs downloading 1.3 to their Droid directly? Mine will start the download, but immediately say download unsuccessful, unsupported content. I'm running miui 1.22. Had the same issue with 1.7 though. Never had probs with this mod before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my OG Droid

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Anyone having probs downloading 1.3 to their Droid directly? Mine will start the download, but immediately say download unsuccessful, unsupported content. I'm running miui 1.22. Had the same issue with 1.7 though. Never had probs with this mod before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my OG Droid

No idea. I am able to download files just fine. You could try and download a download-helper program and see if that does the trick for you...

rkeene

Reaction score
I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help! Love this mod.

Sent from my OG Droid

rkeene

Reaction score
DL'd "download all files" from the market. Worked like a charm. Running Miui 1.22 , Jrizz mod 1.3 , and Slayer 1.7 kernel @ 1.1ghz like butter.

UDAMAN

George Lucas is jealous of my Droid...

ffmarine88

Reaction score
Tried to download this and got download not supported by phone...any help

rkeene

Reaction score
Check out the 5 posts above yours. Download all apps from the market fixed the unsupported content issue for me.

Sent from my OG Droid

rkeene

Reaction score
Sorry, its called "download all files" not "download all apps"

Sent from my OG Droid

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
INCREMENTAL UPDATE: Updated to D1-MIUI-MOD-V2.0 / Changes since the previous version:
  • MAJOR Updater Script Overhaul: Smartest Version To Date!
    • Now Checks To See If Apps Are Housed On Apps2SD Before Applying MOD
  • New Smart Addon System That Remembers Your Preferences
    • Addons Can Be Installed By Flashing A .ZIP Or By Running A Terminal Script
    • Addons Leave Traces On SD, So MOD Knows To Re-Apply In The Future
    • See Post Below For All Addon Downloads And Terminal Script Instructions
  • Moved Even More Frequently Removed Apps To "/data/app/"
  • Updated Terminal Script For Quick Moving Of Google Search
  • Clears Cache Directory Of Various Data-Eating Applications
  • Frees Up Even More Internal Memory (Depending On ROM)
Do not be afraid of the new addon system. The MOD still acts the same way it used to, but now it's much more powerful...