Official MIUI Theme Thread

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
v5 is aweome...just need to get ROM manager to not force close and it will be much better.

Updated OP with new links.

ilovechi23

Reaction score
Will there be a jstyles theme (the one with no mms and contacts) for v5???

GeneRs

Reaction score
Added custom bootloader as attachments in OP.

See image for what the boot image is (this is not a boot animation, it is a boot logo...that replaces the M for motorola).

Please read motocache thread on how to use RSD lite. This sbf file replaces only the boot logo...it does not effect your recovery image, your ROM, or anything else on your phone other than your boot logo image.

This actual image is smaller than the M for motorola, but its pretty cool.

The chinese character in this logo means "happiness". The image is approximately 3/4 inches in diameter when booted. It has a black background

PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

If you dont know how to flash an SBF (which Im assuming you do since your phone is rooted)...please read How_to_flash_sbf_using_Rsd_lite by motocache.

1. Download attachment to PC.
2. Unzip and extract the boot logo .sbf file to your desktop.
3. Use RSD lite to flash the SBF file.
4. Reboot your phone.

That custom bootloader comes up on my Phone as "Alien Darkness" in big green letters. Not a Chinese symbol at all.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Added custom bootloader as attachments in OP.

See image for what the boot image is (this is not a boot animation, it is a boot logo...that replaces the M for motorola).

Please read motocache thread on how to use RSD lite. This sbf file replaces only the boot logo...it does not effect your recovery image, your ROM, or anything else on your phone other than your boot logo image.

This actual image is smaller than the M for motorola, but its pretty cool.

The chinese character in this logo means "happiness". The image is approximately 3/4 inches in diameter when booted. It has a black background

PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

If you dont know how to flash an SBF (which Im assuming you do since your phone is rooted)...please read How_to_flash_sbf_using_Rsd_lite by motocache.

1. Download attachment to PC.
2. Unzip and extract the boot logo .sbf file to your desktop.
3. Use RSD lite to flash the SBF file.
4. Reboot your phone.

That custom bootloader comes up on my Phone as "Alien Darkness" in big green letters. Not a Chinese symbol at all.

the file thats in my attachment?

EDIT: Holy crap. lol...thanks for letting me know..I put the wrong one up. lol. I updated the OP with the correct one.

Sorry about that.

Ive been using Internet explorer 9 beta, and I dont like it. Its buggy...plus when you DL something it puts in user/downloads and I had clutter in there...must have cut and paste the wrong zip. lol. I knew it was a boot logo, just mixed up which one was which...if you have the alien theme...and want to keep that boot logo...by all means..keep it. If not...flash the Happiness one!

Last edited:

GeneRs

Reaction score
That custom bootloader comes up on my Phone as "Alien Darkness" in big green letters. Not a Chinese symbol at all.[/quote]

the file thats in my attachment?

EDIT: Holy crap. lol...thanks for letting me know..I put the wrong one up. lol. I updated the OP with the correct one.

Sorry about that.

All good Man. Appreciate it. Thanx for fixxing it. Verry nice BTW.

Havent been using the Alien theme since MIUI came out. But if I go back to it later, I might flash that boot image as long as it's cool with you.

YES, I KNOW!!! I need to update my profile. I will get to it. ( Eventually :icon_eek: )

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Havent been using the Alien theme since MIUI came out. But if I go back to it later, I might flash that boot image as long as it's cool with you.

YES, I KNOW!!! I need to update my profile. I will get to it. ( Eventually :icon_eek: )

No...I want it back! Just playin. Its all good with me. As much time as I spend, I really need to start playing around and trying to theme myself.

Im a noob though..I need someone to show me how to do it first. If I tried to learn by reading and testing...MIUI v12 will be out by then. :p

fox_dye

Reaction score
Just used rsd lite to flash a new boot icon. Fun stuff. But i do got to say that the happiness icon looks pretty sweet.

frostthejack

Reaction score

No...I want it back! Just playin. Its all good with me. As much time as I spend, I really need to start playing around and trying to theme myself.

Im a noob though..I need someone to show me how to do it first. If I tried to learn by reading and testing...MIUI v12 will be out by then. :p

Its easy just takes trial and error you will learn though takes time. I'm still learning. I use two tools to theme if I'm just changing graphics I use ninjamorph from the market but if I want to change txt or other things I use apk manager on my pc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

frostthejack

Reaction score
By the way I'm slowly working on a theme but I don't know how to make it an update.zip so people can just flash it. I usually just theme for myself but I'm thinkin about shareing the love don't know how other than to share only the framework-res.apk

fox_dye

Reaction score
By the way I'm slowly working on a theme but I don't know how to make it an update.zip so people can just flash it. I usually just theme for myself but I'm thinkin about shareing the love don't know how other than to share only the framework-res.apk

Over in the theme section there is a thread for new themer's that has a generic update.zip that you can just drag and drop your files into. Its what I been using to test the theme I'm working on.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just used rsd lite to flash a new boot icon. Fun stuff. But i do got to say that the happiness icon looks pretty sweet.

Its nifty huh. Just wish I couldve gotten it made bigger...like the size of the M in motorcola one.

Thanks!