Super Circle Battery - WITH WORKING KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't been keeping up with this so what's the deal? I take it the battery hasn't been updated and everyone is manually replacing the images or what?

MJ5150

Reaction score
Haven't been keeping up with this so what's the deal? I take it the battery hasn't been updated and everyone is manually replacing the images or what?

That's what I am doing. Use UOT for the framework-res.apk, then throw in the images you want. Or use the ones UTO generates, they are fine, just not to my particular liking for the 75-100%.

-Mike

MJ5150

Reaction score
What's UOT?

Check post #68. It is actually a way cool website with all kinds of cool icons, themes options, and so on. Besides the battery, I got some cool icons for the notification bar out of it.

The cool thing.....you supply the framework-res.apk you want it to use, and it modifies it for you. Sends it back in a .zip file you can boot into recovery and flash.

-Mike

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand. I like version E. I don't know what options to select though on the last page.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I understand. I like version E. I don't know what options to select though on the last page.

Which last page? There are a couple different ways to go.

I tinkered around with a few, then combed through the framework-res.apk after I DLed. I think it cuts you off for a while though after you generate a bunch in a short time.

-Mike

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I selected the first option-SCB with % [A-K]. Then selected version E, then I select do not include icons(I don't know which icons it's referring to exactly), and then it takes me to the status bar notification with a lot of different things to choose from and that's where I'm stuck.

MJ5150

Reaction score
OK....I followed the path you listed and see what you mean.

First off....the themed icons are for in your notification bar and elsewhere. I got some killer ones off that page. Try it out...pick "Themed icon sets", then hit next and you will see a boat load of options to pick from and a preview of all of them. I personally like the set that comes in "P3 round" at the very bottom. Check out a few by hitting preview and see if you like them. When you choose one, it adds those icons to the framework-res.apk you supply.

As for the "Status bar notification" section after the themed icons, I cruise right by that by selecting "Do not change notification status bar", especially since it says "(for HTC Desire roms only)". But if you click the box to personalize it, choose some options, it will give you a preview of the pull down screen and all that. So maybe make one anyway, dig out the images you want, then drop it in your zip. Hmmmm....maybe I'll try that.

-Mike

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
What framework-res am I supplying? Am I supposed to copy it and upload it or is that just a reference for everything I'm choosing?

MJ5150

Reaction score
What framework-res am I supplying? Am I supposed to copy it and upload it or is that just a reference for everything I'm choosing?

Supply the one you are using now, and it will edit it for you. In the dropdown, select upload...., then hit choose file, and point to it.

BTW....scope out the boot animations too. Some good ones in there.

-Mike

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha there is quite a bit to this. Can't I just take the png's and replace them with the default ones?

MJ5150

Reaction score
Haha there is quite a bit to this. Can't I just take the png's and replace them with the default ones?

Yep. Skip all the fluff and just use the png's for the battery. You may want to merge your entire framework-res.apk with the one from UOT, since there is something going on in the other folders as well. Not just drawable-hdpi-v4.

Make sure your battery setting is set to percentage and not graphical, or you'll get a white rectangle in the middle of the pretty blue circle.

With this post, I am out for the night. I hope you get it all working. If not, I'll be back around 8AM PST on Monday to see if I can help.

-Mike

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I just do the steps in the process will it just give me a file with everything in it? Even if I don't provide the framework? And secondly, why didn't everyone just download the nexus framework and just swap the images?