Circle Battery Numbers for Liberty Theme

mr. vegas

Reaction score
This is a great job. I know there were a lot of people looking for this, especially using darkslide. Very nice work. Is there any more colors in the works like white:)?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mr. vegas

Reaction score
Why yes, like the one in the mysterious beast theme?

Cwagmire

Reaction score
So do we install these as a theme? Sorry still kinda new with rooting/liberty.

It's a Metamorph theme. Get Metamorph from the market (it's free, though there's a donate version too). Create a folder in the root of your SD card named "AndroidThemes" and place the ZIP file you downloaded from here into that folder. Then run Metamorph, and follow the prompts from there.

I was about to install Metamorph and I noticed it needs a "BusyBox" program too. I found it on the market and in the info said something to the effect about how "the ROM used must be supported by BusyBox" and "that busybox needs to be installed before the ROM is?

So my questions are: do I need busybox? If so, do I need to unflash Liberty, download BusyBox and Metamorph then reflash Liberty?

Thanks for helping a novice, mingaldrichgan! :)

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
Why yes, like the one in the mysterious beast theme?

I don't remember what the Mysterious Beast battery icons look like, but if you really want to use those in another theme, you could extract those icons from the Mysterious Beast /system/framework/framework-res.apk file and package them into a Metamorph theme. It's really easy, especially if you use one of mine from this thread as a base.

In any case, I went ahead and made you a white version. You'll find it in the same post as the red version.

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
I was about to install Metamorph and I noticed it needs a "BusyBox" program too. I found it on the market and in the info said something to the effect about how "the ROM used must be supported by BusyBox" and "that busybox needs to be installed before the ROM is?

So my questions are: do I need busybox? If so, do I need to unflash Liberty, download BusyBox and Metamorph then reflash Liberty?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question. BusyBox is essentially just a set of Unix command-line tools, which it appears that Metamorph uses. I was under the impression that it comes bundled with most custom ROMs, but perhaps I'm wrong about that. In any case, I had no trouble running Metamorph on a clean install of Liberty, so I really have no clue why it's not working for you...

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized that you hadn't actually tried it out yet. Go ahead and download and run Metamorph and see if it works.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here are the red versions! I haven't tested them so use them at your own risk.

EDIT: Added white versions to this post.

Is there a way to use this battery icon with a white status bar? or can someone tell me how to send the command to change the stat bar to white?

mr. vegas

Reaction score
You are Da Man! That is close enough. Thanks a bunch, and definitely keep up the good work!

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
Is there a way to use this battery icon with a white status bar? or can someone tell me how to send the command to change the stat bar to white?

I don't think the yellow or green versions would show up very well against a white background. The white version would, of course, be completely invisible! Red against white might work... is there a red-and-white theme it would go with?

Anyway, the Metamorph themes in this thread replace not just the battery icons but also the notification bar background (solid black, or black with a colored line at the bottom). If you are already sporting a white notification bar, you could delete "framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi/statusbar_background.9.png" from the ZIP file. Then, when you install the theme in Metamorph, your old notification bar will remain unchanged.

If you're looking for a black-on-white theme, I suggest that you take a look at Frost, which I think is a really great clean-looking theme.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
the first one is the stock status bar and i would like to get it back like that so i can see my icons. the second pic is what it is now and i cant see most of my icons in the status bar. any ideas on getting it back to the stock color?

Cwagmire

Reaction score

I honestly don't know the answer to that question. BusyBox is essentially just a set of Unix command-line tools, which it appears that Metamorph uses. I was under the impression that it comes bundled with most custom ROMs, but perhaps I'm wrong about that. In any case, I had no trouble running Metamorph on a clean install of Liberty, so I really have no clue why it's not working for you...

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized that you hadn't actually tried it out yet. Go ahead and download and run Metamorph and see if it works.

I downloaded Metamorph and ran it and it works!! It did reset my wallpaper t the default Liberty yellow, but obviously that's a very minor inconvenience that I fixed within seconds. Thanks so much mingaldrichgan! Battery icon looks great while finally being able to see the percentage as well :)

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it's possible to get the red circle theme working with the following theme: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/118586-beta-theme-avalon.html . I tried installing via metamorph, but the themed battery already included remains. Thanks!dancedroid:icon_ banana:

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you, and I'm not willing to install another theme just to help you figure it out. (I also didn't mean for that sentence to sound as rude or condescending as it probably does.)

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it's possible to get the red circle theme working with the following theme: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/118586-beta-theme-avalon.html . I tried installing via metamorph, but the themed battery already included remains. Thanks!dancedroid:icon_ banana:

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you, and I'm not willing to install another theme just to help you figure it out. (I also didn't mean for that sentence to sound as rude or condescending as it probably does.)

It's cool. Thanks anyways!

Cwagmire

Reaction score
What is the green color code you used? (ex. FFFFFF)?

I'm making some widgets and I can't get the color exactly right :(