Ud 3.3.1

nathan56989

Reaction score
Is there a reason that the realease 3.3.1 is not being put on this forum? I think it would be nice for all the people on here that have reported the 3g loss to have a fix and supposedly that fixes it. There is no reason to have to sign up for multiple forums if there is a specific section on this forum for UD. If you even attempt to go the UD . com the server is sooooooo slow that it takes ten minutes to navigate anywhere. No offense because I'm sure the servers are busy since thats the only place you can get the update, even the servers for this forum are slow but nowhere near what it is on their site. It just doesn't make sense to me why there would be a section in this forum if there are not going to be anymore realeases on it. Please feel free to put me in my place if I'm completely wrong or out of line. If there are not going to be anymore updates to this forum for UD can someone steering me in the direction of a rom that is as refined and stable?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I'm with you on this somewhat. I, too, have realized that this forum has kinda died, and the updates are not there, not even mentioning when updates may be released. Also, nobody seems to be participating in this forum like they once were - conversation has almost come to a halt.

Therefore, as much as I like UD (and don't get me wrong here, I LOVE UD) I had to jump ship. Its just too boring around this ghost town of a UD forum anymore...

Went to Simply Stunning 5.2 +patch and I'm loving it. I will be back to UD when it gets a little more lively.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I second everything b-jammin said though ive jumped ship to liquid though im not entirely sure if ill ever be back to UD, as much as I once loved it so.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah UD is pretty much dead at the moment, I think it has something to do with the bad weather in Memphis, TN. UD's last post on face book was April 28th and April 29th on twitter.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Yes I agree the weather has been terrible down there, but as I am typing this from my droid, I assume UD has a phone as well, it took me about 20sec to post this, it would be nice to get a simple update on his situation to his fans...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree but I have some more posts a few threads down, I don't think UD is the devs top priority ATM, might not even have a house anymore if he was in the area that got flooded. I hate to be pessimistic but I don't know what else to think.

OP
N

nathan56989

Reaction score
Yea I'm with you guys. I have been with UD pretty much religiously since I've rooted my phone two years ago. Now it seems like all of the sudden they just quit. At least they could've let us know if that was the case. Anyways. Is flashing the roms you mentioned the same as flashing UD like I said its all I've used. And is adding kernels Thea same. Do they offer built in over clocking and the equivalent to UD settings? Thanks for your help. Goodbye UD.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, flashing Roms is the same just make sure to wipe everything including data at least 3x, make backups first though, restore only user apps not system apps.

Nausicaa

Reaction score
I don't know, as much as I love to OCD with my phone I'm sticking with this one until others have better GB features. I was originally going to use BB the first time I got a Droid, some troll said it sucked and to use Sapphire so I used that until I heard another troll say it sucked and UD was the best. The LED not working was fixed by switching to ChompSMS and the flashlight which I loved is now a widget on the desktop. Does SS or Liquid have most or all of the UD features?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are alot of features on lgb, in fact I'm on on 1.85 been working pretty good for me so far but as with any rom some people have problems. Check the forums and changelog, I think alot of options are available.

Thach

Reaction score
I don't know, as much as I love to OCD with my phone I'm sticking with this one until others have better GB features. I was originally going to use BB the first time I got a Droid, some troll said it sucked and to use Sapphire so I used that until I heard another troll say it sucked and UD was the best. The LED not working was fixed by switching to ChompSMS and the flashlight which I loved is now a widget on the desktop. Does SS or Liquid have most or all of the UD features?

You know, over the last couple weeks while BD has been away I have tested out a few other roms. Each one is pretty nice and has cool features unique to its own. But in the end, I always come back to UD 3.1.1. I did a little test yesterday with kernels for each one. Compared stock kernels and benchmarks after a fresh install of each rom and UD was one of the fastest. The one thing that keeps me coming back to UD is the way the UD settings menu is set up compared to the other roms. It seems more organized over all. I still have 4 other roms saved to my sd card though so that I can quickly flash to something else if I feel the need too which happens often.

neoj2

Reaction score
Where art thou?

i've also been with UD since the beginning and have since moved on this year. it seems as cool as the rom was i think it became too much for BD to come up with all the roms for the devices and also not being paid for it. he became too popular too quick and prob couldnt handle the demand and kind of faded away. BUT i remember in the old days he would be gone for awhile, post a status update then blow us away with an awesome rom. only thing was that if he didnt release an update soon, our phones would start to become laggy and non responsive. hope everything is good on his end as he was an important part to the android community. the cooler his rom was the cooler other roms would be to compete. i guess if there is no response in a couple of weeks then i think this should be moved to the archives as no activity has been going on just members posting problems with no updates in sight, neither any social outlets including his own website. sorry to see a great rom fizzle out.