UD 3.3.1- problem with 3g service

mfillibene16

Reaction score
I'm running I'd 3.3.1, I had wipe and cleared data 3x's with cache as well. Installed fine, running stock kernel, only problem I have seem to have is the data issue, I'm good when its green signal bars and it when its goes white/grey signal bars, I can't access any my 3g service, and mobile web, I can make some call when in the white/grey signal bars. If I reboot or turn on/off airplane mode it will come back to green bars then shortly after that bars will go white again, I have reinstalled rom 2x's now wiping everything both times, even after calls I will have green bars and once done with the call it goes to white bars, and sometimes it may go back to green. I even have this problem with wifi connected. I have tried different kernels, same problem, also haven't been able to to receive SMS and MMS through handcent app, even with the times that I do have green bars.
Didn't know if anyone else has had this problem or know of a fix for this, UD has, by far the best rom out there. I hopethere is a fix for this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Jizzylax

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is still an issue with 3G with all GB ROMs. There was a fix posted by cvps, but I don't think it fixed all issues.

That being said, I've been having issues with 3G for ALL ROMs, including Froyo. I've had crappy service for the past few days, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is something going on with Verizon's coverage as well.

OP
M

mfillibene16

Reaction score
I've been running UD 2.5 with no problems w/ 3g since December, but i have had crappy signal issues with Verizon, places where I had full signal now only have 1-2 bars

KillerVamp

Reaction score
I'm running I'd 3.3.1, I had wipe and cleared data 3x's with cache as well. Installed fine, running stock kernel, only problem I have seem to have is the data issue, I'm good when its green signal bars and it when its goes white/grey signal bars, I can't access any my 3g service, and mobile web, I can make some call when in the white/grey signal bars. If I reboot or turn on/off airplane mode it will come back to green bars then shortly after that bars will go white again, I have reinstalled rom 2x's now wiping everything both times, even after calls I will have green bars and once done with the call it goes to white bars, and sometimes it may go back to green. I even have this problem with wifi connected. I have tried different kernels, same problem, also haven't been able to to receive SMS and MMS through handcent app, even with the times that I do have green bars.
Didn't know if anyone else has had this problem or know of a fix for this, UD has, by far the best rom out there. I hopethere is a fix for this

I had the same problem a week ago. Tl fix it go to the UD settings and wipe the Dalvick cache.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Been having the same issue with the 3g for two days now. Last night was really bad. Couldn't get into the market, internet or anything else. I tried wiping dalvik cache and that didn't solve the problem. I tried the airplace mode several times, rebooted several times, updated my prl several times and still the same result. And yes I completely wiped everything and have tried different kernels and it doesn't change anything. It was working great with no problems up until a couple days ago. Also I have been having random reboots out of no where.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is still an issue with 3G with all GB ROMs. There was a fix posted by cvps, but I don't think it fixed all issues.

That being said, I've been having issues with 3G for ALL ROMs, including Froyo. I've had crappy service for the past few days, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is something going on with Verizon's coverage as well.

Care to share the post by cvps?

Sent from my etch-a-sketch

tamlin42

Reaction score
people reporting bad 3g service regardless of rom - are you in a LTE coverage area by chance?

mcaulifn

Reaction score
Having the same issue too.

According to the VZW map, I'm not in a 4G LTE area, but I know Grand Rapids was on the list of cities to go live... I've been wondering the same thing...