Two Releases Two Days, Froyo Anyone? - Sapphire 0.6.0

Luxferro

Reaction score
First of all, I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing accomplishment to be the first from source, and so quickly too! Great work to everyone involved!

I'm personally going to wait until the next release so I can throw some themes on this...I can't go back to the stock look! But I wanted to congratulate you all on this!

guys Please, if you have bugs or feature requests, please use bugzilla on the site. it is THE BEST way to make sure that your bugs AND features are actually recognized and implemented.

bugzilla link: Bugzilla Main Page

Lol...good luck with that! ;) People don't read!

Can you guys take a look at wifi? There something messed up with it.

Sometimes it won't scan.
Sometimes it won't connect.
sometimes it works fine.
Sometimes when wifi connects, the tether icon is there, sometimes not.
All the time that it is not connected, it shows wifi tether icon - even though it is disabled.

Wifi tether can't be enabled. It gives "error".

Point 1

I get the exact same WiFi behavior with the exception that I've never seen it connect (with this rom). The standalone wifi tether app works, but that's it for WiFi.

Everything else seems to work fine. I prefer the p3droid sv kernels. Quadrant with the 250-1250 p3 kernel gives 1388.

Point 2

Anyone else still having wifi issues? Searching this thread seemed to suggest that people were having better luck. Am I missing something here?

Point 3

I could list more...but I don't want to be too "Richardy" (or is it too late?)

Read the wiki page/changelog...it explains the wifi status.

Anyways, great work CV and Sniffle!

I think the known issues were added after a number of us reported them, so :p

CLShade

Reaction score
I think the known issues were added after a number of us reported them, so :p

Actually, I downloaded the ROM as soon as the wiki page was updated and before this thread was published. The known issues listed at this moment are the same as when the ROM was released.

The devs know what they're doing. They also aren't done doing it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I checked it out before he even had this thread up and they were there. Sorry, you lose. :p

Dang, CLShade. You beat me to it, lol.

bkd11

Reaction score
I agree, the changelog said there was problems with the wifi apps when the download link first went up earlier today.

Just so you guys know there is an easy temperary fix for the wifi hotspot issue. Get Wifi tether for root users in the market place (free app). I'm using it right now.

So far I am loving this rom. Can't wait to see what comes of it in the future.

Last edited:

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I just went into temp monitor and it said my temp was -1. Something not right.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EDIT: Battery pull fixed it. What a weird occurance, not a major issue but weird none the less.

Last edited:

CLShade

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I couldn't resist.

No go on p3Droid's 125-1100 SV kernel. I get the telltale kernel-not-working "M" boot loop.

The LV 125-1000 works, though.

Who knows. My Droid hasn't successfully run anything above 1000 with Froyo, yet. It ran up to 1200 on 2.1 even with ULV. But... since its an issue I had with all Froyo ROMS I doubt its an issue specific to this one.

Oh, wait. I flashed the LV 125-1100 kernel by mistake. And its working. OK. I won't complain. Another point scored for Sapphire (again, only in my experience. I don't claim to know enough about these things to make sweeping statements of fact.)

edit- but running quadrant crashes it. Ah, well. Its still WAY faster than any 2.1 setup ever was.

Last edited:

bkd11

Reaction score
I just flashed P3Droid's standard voltage 250-1000 kernal and it's working fine. The kernal that come's with this Rom is actually the LV 125-1000 (even though the wiki says 250-1000).

52brandon

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I couldn't resist.

No go on p3Droid's 125-1100 SV kernel. I get the telltale kernel-not-working "M" boot loop.

The LV 125-1000 works, though.

Who knows. My Droid hasn't successfully run anything above 1000 with Froyo, yet. It ran up to 1200 on 2.1 even with ULV. But... since its an issue I had with all Froyo ROMS I doubt its an issue specific to this one.

Oh, wait. I flashed the LV 125-1100 kernel by mistake. And its working. OK. I won't complain. Another point scored for Sapphire (again, only in my experience. I don't claim to know enough about these things to make sweeping statements of fact.)

edit- but running quadrant crashes it. Ah, well. Its still WAY faster than any 2.1 setup ever was.
fyi, as far back as 2.0.1 ROMs built from source had trouble running kernels from ROMs built off of google's build (which at the time was only CM, but now that's changed a bit)

roll3r

Reaction score
First of all, I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing accomplishment to be the first from source, and so quickly too! Great work to everyone involved!

I'm personally going to wait until the next release so I can throw some themes on this...I can't go back to the stock look! But I wanted to congratulate you all on this!

guys Please, if you have bugs or feature requests, please use bugzilla on the site. it is THE BEST way to make sure that your bugs AND features are actually recognized and implemented.

bugzilla link: Bugzilla Main Page

Lol...good luck with that! ;) People don't read!

Can you guys take a look at wifi? There something messed up with it.

Sometimes it won't scan.
Sometimes it won't connect.
sometimes it works fine.
Sometimes when wifi connects, the tether icon is there, sometimes not.
All the time that it is not connected, it shows wifi tether icon - even though it is disabled.

Wifi tether can't be enabled. It gives "error".

Point 1

I get the exact same WiFi behavior with the exception that I've never seen it connect (with this rom). The standalone wifi tether app works, but that's it for WiFi.

Everything else seems to work fine. I prefer the p3droid sv kernels. Quadrant with the 250-1250 p3 kernel gives 1388.

Point 2

Anyone else still having wifi issues? Searching this thread seemed to suggest that people were having better luck. Am I missing something here?

Point 3

I could list more...but I don't want to be too "Richardy" (or is it too late?)

Read the wiki page/changelog...it explains the wifi status.

Anyways, great work CV and Sniffle!

I blame the huge amounts of pain/percocet after oral surgery. Not sure what my excuse will be next week :)

bkd11

Reaction score
CLShade, you might want to try the kernal I mentioned above or the 900 MHz one. Not all Droids can handle the 1GHz ones. I believe the wiki states they're just using the froyo LV P3Droid kernal, not one that they compiled special. But of course I could be wrong.

CLShade

Reaction score
Oops. Pilot error. Date and Time were still wrong from the battery pull on the SV 1100 kernel install. That's what threw Quadrant. I just ran it again after resetting date and time and got a nice 1343.

I'll use it for a while and see if there are any real life stability issues with it.

bkd11 - thanks. Yeah, the wiki site says there isn't any reason they other kernels won't work but they aren't supported. I was just curious. I've run up to 1.2 ULV without trouble on 2.1. It can't do it on 2.2, though. This is the first time I've gotten it to run above 1000. And while the higher quadrant score is gratifying... in real usage the thing FLIES at 1000 anyway. :)

Last edited:

bkd11

Reaction score
Well you beat me I just got 1269. I've never had success with anything above 1000MHz. So I'm not going to bother trying anything higher. 1100 usually boots up but as soon as I'm doing something cpu intensive it will reboot.

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I've got this rom with p3 250-1200 kernel running pretty smoothly, a little hot though it's been staying at about 40c the whole time...my quadrant is about 1300. How do I get adobe flash on here? Also, is this compatible with any froyo theme like nextheme or team chaos' themes?

CLShade

Reaction score
No official support for themes with this release according to the wiki. I haven't tried flashing one just to see, yet.