First ROM Since Cyanogen to Truly Embrace Open-Source

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
EDIT: mms not sending even after clearing data/cache, tried both native messaging app and hanscent

I'm currently looking into the problem with MMS. I have a few ideas as to what could be the problem but I need to test it. Hopefully I can come up with something by the end of this weekend.

I noticed in this screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/urBV9.png
That the names are off-center from the icons. Is it still like this or has it been fixed?

that's a pretty common issue with Helix2, restart the launcher and they align again. Or just uninstall it :)

Yeah, with all due respect to ruqqq, you don't want to be running Helix2 anyway.

In general Launcher2 has had some problems. If you want a similar feature set, I recommend looking into Launcher Pro from the market.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For those interested, I have some pics of the new color picker for 0.5.1. Credit for the color picker go to Wysia of CyanogenMOD for the original code, and myself for some tweaks to make the source a bit more elegant. In the next release I'll be replacing this color wheel with a custom photoshop-esque square selector.
ZtQZC.png

Also, here's a pic of smoked glass blue running so far:
N5ZI5.png

It still needs a few more tweaks but expect another release in the next few days!

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
love the font.......very nice.

will the color picker enable the user to change the blue to another color or is that only for the main menu's?

I've yet to use that feature so apologies for the ignorance

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
EDIT: mms not sending even after clearing data/cache, tried both native messaging app and hanscent

I'm currently looking into the problem with MMS. I have a few ideas as to what could be the problem but I need to test it. Hopefully I can come up with something by the end of this weekend.

that's a pretty common issue with Helix2, restart the launcher and they align again. Or just uninstall it :)

Yeah, with all due respect to ruqqq, you don't want to be running Helix2 anyway.

In general Launcher2 has had some problems. If you want a similar feature set, I recommend looking into Launcher Pro from the market.

Yes, cyanogen has officially ditched Launcher2 in favor of ADW.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
love the font.......very nice.

will the color picker enable the user to change the blue to another color or is that only for the main menu's?

I've yet to use that feature so apologies for the ignorance

Currently the color picker will allow users to change the colors of the notification bar text (the blue color is technically me setting it to 0xff0077ff). This includes notification text, the Verizon Wireless text, the Clock, the Date, etc.

In the future I plan on using this to add more customizations, such as changing the color of the progress bars and such, but I am still looking into it.

(Note: changes to color do require a reboot)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the smoked glass blue is looking real nice. Can't wait to try it! Haven't changed ROMs yet. It's just too smooth. And ADW is a great launcher, just no 3D launcher tray, which isn't too bad.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, the smoked glass blue is looking real nice. Can't wait to try it! Haven't changed ROMs yet. It's just too smooth. And ADW is a great launcher, just no 3D launcher tray, which isn't too bad.

i've used almost every launcher i can think of, but seriously, look up launcher pro. it's what i'm using atm and it works extremely slick. my favorite feature? "Keep in memory". It prevents the launcher from being killed by the task killer, so it always is super responsive

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

i've used almost every launcher i can think of, but seriously, look up launcher pro. it's what i'm using atm and it works extremely slick. my favorite feature? "Keep in memory". It prevents the launcher from being killed by the task killer, so it always is super responsive

I ditched LauncherPro for ADW. :p

Only feature I miss is that keep in memory feature, but I've only had the launcher killed once.

microsnook

Reaction score
If I do leave froyo for this rom, am I able to keep the baseband that Im on? its the C_01.43.01P version, or do I need to downgrade?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If I do leave froyo for this rom, am I able to keep the baseband that Im on? its the C_01.43.01P version, or do I need to downgrade?
You will keep current baseband. ROMS don't mess with them.

Sent from my Droid

kevdog

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the most appropriate question for this forum, however I tried to compile vixie-cron by hand following the discussions on the wiki, but the source file and patch file links were outdated. Anyone have the correct links?

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the most appropriate question for this forum, however I tried to compile vixie-cron by hand following the discussions on the wiki, but the source file and patch file links were outdated. Anyone have the correct links?

Some of the howtos at the bottom of android.cvpcs.org are outdated, but you can find all the current source on my github at cvpcs's Profile - GitHub

note that the source on github is not standalone, so to compile it you need to either build it with the whole source or do some rigging.

kevdog

Reaction score
So no way to just take the vixiecode source - compile it, and install on cm -- if that's what I think you are telling me??

One last think -- I noticed the knock/knockd implementation. Anyway to include fwknop : http://www.cipherdyne.org/fwknop/ as the knock daemon implementation?

Last edited: