First ROM Since Cyanogen to Truly Embrace Open-Source

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So no way to just take the vixiecode source - compile it, and install on cm -- if that's what I think you are telling me??

One last think -- I noticed the knock/knockd implementation. Anyway to include fwknop : fwknop: Single Packet Authorization and Port Knocking as the knock daemon implementation?

Currently cyanogen could include vixie cron, but the source as it stands needs to be compiled as part of a whole rom. If you want to simply add it though I believe it has no dependencies, so you could just unzip the update from my site, and copy /system/xbin/cron and /system/xbin/crontab to your phone and they should work. Note that you would have to find a way to get them to run at boot. As that's part of my rom.

on a side note, you could just try out my rom and have it all working ;)

As for knock/knockd. I wasn't actually planning on compiling in knockd (the daemon) as it didn't seem important (since it would be running on a phone). I also picked that implementation because so far as I know its the simplest/smallest, and space on the /system partition is limited.

G

gavron

I'm excited to see more people playing in the true Open Source world! Welcome!

E

obededom

Reaction score
EDIT: mms not sending even after clearing data/cache, tried both native messaging app and hanscent

I'm currently looking into the problem with MMS. I have a few ideas as to what could be the problem but I need to test it. Hopefully I can come up with something by the end of this weekend.

is there a workaround to the mms problem?

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
EDIT: mms not sending even after clearing data/cache, tried both native messaging app and hanscent

I'm currently looking into the problem with MMS. I have a few ideas as to what could be the problem but I need to test it. Hopefully I can come up with something by the end of this weekend.

is there a workaround to the mms problem?

Currently you can get mms working again by loading another 2.1 rom (such as bbv1.1 or similar), and then installing sapphire w/o wiping data. Good news is I am getting closer to figuring out the problem. I'm about to release 0.5.1 with some themes and mms won't be fixed in that, but hopefully if things go well ill be pushing out a 0.5.2 release soon after with the fix

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we expect 0.5.1 in the next day or two? Because I could really use some color for my phone :]

Also, did you get my pm? Just kinda wondering on an answer...

Oh, and everyones just wanting all that froyo wants to offer. But once 2.2 source is released, this will be a big contender in the Droid ROM front. Just wait.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can we expect 0.5.1 in the next day or two? Because I could really use some color for my phone :]

Also, did you get my pm? Just kinda wondering on an answer...

Oh, and everyones just wanting all that froyo wants to offer. But once 2.2 source is released, this will be a big contender in the Droid ROM front. Just wait.

First, yes, the release will be either later today or tomorrow. The files are ready, I just need to upload them and update the website. The release, however, will only include Smoked Glass Blue, Luna, and Drop, for themes (along with screenshots).

Yes I did get your pm, sorry it took so long to reply I have been kind of busy.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
why was this so hidden?

ill be following this build

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Good news everyone! Figured out the MMS problem and a few other theming things, so instead of releaseing 0.5.1 today I'm releasing 0.5.2 tomorrow with the fixes! :D

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone! Figured out the MMS problem and a few other theming things, so instead of releaseing 0.5.1 today I'm releasing 0.5.2 tomorrow with the fixes! :D

Grr cvpcs! You'll got me waiting a whole day more. I don't know if I can take it! XD

Glad you figured out what was causing that problem though.

c_mack9

Reaction score
im really wanting to try this ROM but i just cant get over it not being 2.2 : (

any eta on when your first froyo ROM will be released?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
im really wanting to try this ROM but i just cant get over it not being 2.2 : (

any eta on when your first froyo ROM will be released?

When the source for Froyo is released.

Though this ROM is smoother and more stable then any Froyo ROM I've ever run...

c_mack9

Reaction score
really? im still on the UD froyo beta and its pretty darn great. its better than every 2.1 ROM ive ever ran. if i get bored and want to install something, i may give it a shot :)

bhughesiii

Reaction score
This is becoming my favorite new rom! Been using it since last night. And I am loving it! Great job guys!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk