Premium Member
Reaction score

jdm627

Reaction score

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
how do you edit compcache settings? I'm thinking this will help out with the new memory management in froyo and possibly decrease homescreen withdraws?

DroidJ

Reaction score
sapphire noob here,
I just installed sapphire .8.4 and I didn't go to a welcome to your droid screen. so I looked at the apps and I don't have a market. what do I do?

edit: sorry guys, it was the GApps I needed

Last edited:

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
sapphire noob here,
I just installed sapphire .8.4 and I didn't go to a welcome to your droid screen. so I looked at the apps and I don't have a market. what do I do?

Sounds like you didn't install the gapps update.zip

mrdroid

Reaction score
So after a while I forgot the two reasons I couldn't upgrade to 8.4 from 6.2... so I installed it again and found that the speed issue I was having was resolved by getting rid of SetCPU.

The second issue though is that I can no longer connect to my Exchange server via ActiveSync... anyone have this issue or a resolution?

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score
Alrighty, found kind of a big bug (especially for those of us w/VoIP systems at work). I've done some research and it's a bug w/FroYo, not with Sapphire, but seriously it's a big one that really could use a fix.
FroYo doesn't play wave files properly.
I've heard that SOME types (a VERY small minority) of wave's will play, but overall the codec seems to be FooBar'd in FroYo.
My apologizes if this is already on the bugtracker, it's giving me a 404 trying to pull it up (guess that part of the whole server switch never happened lol).
But ya, pretty huge bug, and I hate to say it (again I know it's not the Sapphire team's fault, it's Google's), but I may have to switch back to 2.1 because of it.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Can someone help how to stop these redraws. It's annoying

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
ADW. it happens all the time when I leave the stock browser

mtkregs

Reaction score
So, since the "Official" Froyo is supposedly going to start going OTA today, does that mean that we should start to see our paid apps in the Android Market?

When I installed sapphire 0.8.4, I installed the gapps.zip but didn't install the market fix. As some of my paid apps weren't displaying in the market, I installed them manually from Titanium backup. For the last few days, I've been searching in the Market manually for those apps to see if they were finally flagged as 2.2 compatible. None of them are showing up yet. I'm wondering if Skynet (Google) has a big switch they are going to flip to make those apps available to 2.2 Market users. A few of the apps that haven't been made available are:
Pure Calendar Widget
Redboxer
Homerun Battle 3D
Documents to Go
Does anyone know what flag is used by Google to determine what apps appear on our devices? Is it the Android version (which in my case would be 2.2) or maybe the Build number (which in my case would be FRF84B)? Just curious.

Weatherbug Elite wasn't available in the Market when I first loaded 0.8.4, but became available a few days later with some pretty nice updates.

Last edited:

Se7enLC

Reaction score
So, since the "Official" Froyo is supposedly going to start going OTA today, does that mean that we should start to see our paid apps in the Android Market?

Only once the OTA comes out and the rom developers are able to pull the build.prop file to clone the fingerprint for use in 2.2 roms. Then the market will recognize the 2.2-based roms as the official 2.2 release. The MIGHT happen to already be the same, but it's unlikely.