Two Releases Two Days, Froyo Anyone? - Sapphire 0.6.0

roll3r

Reaction score
Really excited to try this! I love Cyanogen et al's work, but this type of competition/choice is why I love Android.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
found a small bug as I was using the rmapk command. When trying to remove mp3, it tries removing com.amazom.mp3.apk instead if com.amazon.mp3.apk, I have submitted a bugzilla about it.

JLangevin

Reaction score
I noticed that my email says it cannot connect to the IMAP server no matter what I do. Settings are 100% correct (been using them for 4 years) - This is another deal breaker for me... wish I was having better luck with this.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I noticed that my email says it cannot connect to the IMAP server no matter what I do. Settings are 100% correct (been using them for 4 years) - This is another deal breaker for me... wish I was having better luck with this.

Saw this post and had to test it out as I connect to my work email via IMAP as well. I connected with no issues. Interesting that it is failing for you. I hope you can get it straightened out. I wonder if it is just an issue with the new 2.2 email app itself.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok.. I don't know what I'm doing wrong... for the life of me I cannot get this to download... when I hit the download button it opens up a blank page and it just sits there...when I go back to the download page it says download starting but it never starts...I'm using chrome and I also tried it with firefox...no luck

I had problems trying to get it too. Media Fire is usually good. I finally got it after some tries...

JLangevin

Reaction score
Its weird because I have had nothing but positive experience with all of the other ROMS, but Source is hating me a ton.

Our email works both with MS Exchange and IMAP, neither are working for me. I flashed back to my backup and checked the settings, they are identical. My backup will connect fine, however I cant get past the "connecting to server" portion of the email setup. It simply comes back with "Cannot connect to the mail server" - Thinking perhaps our mail servers were down looked at both my MacBook Pro and my HP Laptop and both were able to update folders with no issues...

I just did another wipe and cache wipe and am reinstalling for the 5th time. This will be my last attempt :(

JLangevin

Reaction score

Saw this post and had to test it out as I connect to my work email via IMAP as well. I connected with no issues. Interesting that it is failing for you. I hope you can get it straightened out. I wonder if it is just an issue with the new 2.2 email app itself.

OMG... please disregard my post... lets just chalk this up to being tired and awake for nearly 24hours...

So, instead of secure.emailsrvr.com I was putting secure.mailsrvr.com sigh... all is well! Maps is working and so is my mail.

Looks like 5th time is the charm for the newb lol.

Thanks for all your hard work Sniffle!!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saw this post and had to test it out as I connect to my work email via IMAP as well. I connected with no issues. Interesting that it is failing for yo

OMG... please disregard my post... lets just chalk this up to being tired and awake for nearly 24hours...

So, instead of secure.emailsrvr.com I was putting secure.mailsrvr.com sigh... all is well! Maps is working and so is my mail.

Looks like 5th time is the charm for the newb lol.

Thanks for all your hard work Sniffle!!

User error...ain't it a *****, lol
Sent from my Droid

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I wonder how many other issues being reported are pilot error?

Just for the record, setup wifi here and connected my phone to it and let it sit for about a half hour. Turned it off and did not have the issue with the wifi tether icon lingering around. It disappeared right when I turned it off.

roll3r

Reaction score
Anyone else still having wifi issues? Searching this thread seemed to suggest that people were having better luck. Am I missing something here?

roll3r

Reaction score
Anyone else still having wifi issues? Searching this thread seemed to suggest that people were having better luck. Am I missing something here?

Jesus... like someone posted above I think I've been awake too long. Was putting in the AP key for my work wifi...

CLShade

Reaction score
Has anyone tried flashing a different p3droid kernel? I tried before I wiped and reinstalled and couldn't get any of them to boot. My little machine is working so well right now (for the first time in a week) that I'm wanting to enjoy it for a few more minutes before trying other kernels. :)

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I haven't tried yet. Since I rely on my phone to wake me up in the morning I need it to remain stable for tonight. I hope someone has success and lets us know. My phone runs better on a SV kernel than a LV kernel.

gszeman

Reaction score
First of all, I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing accomplishment to be the first from source, and so quickly too! Great work to everyone involved!

I'm personally going to wait until the next release so I can throw some themes on this...I can't go back to the stock look! But I wanted to congratulate you all on this!

guys Please, if you have bugs or feature requests, please use bugzilla on the site. it is THE BEST way to make sure that your bugs AND features are actually recognized and implemented.

bugzilla link: Bugzilla Main Page

Lol...good luck with that! ;) People don't read!

Can you guys take a look at wifi? There something messed up with it.

Sometimes it won't scan.
Sometimes it won't connect.
sometimes it works fine.
Sometimes when wifi connects, the tether icon is there, sometimes not.
All the time that it is not connected, it shows wifi tether icon - even though it is disabled.

Wifi tether can't be enabled. It gives "error".

Point 1

I get the exact same WiFi behavior with the exception that I've never seen it connect (with this rom). The standalone wifi tether app works, but that's it for WiFi.

Everything else seems to work fine. I prefer the p3droid sv kernels. Quadrant with the 250-1250 p3 kernel gives 1388.

Point 2

Point 3

I could list more...but I don't want to be too "Richardy" (or is it too late?)

Read the wiki page/changelog...it explains the wifi status.

Anyways, great work CV and Sniffle!