Trial User - coming from iPhone

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
The iPhone is a great device and while I prefer the Droid many of my friends who are non-techie and fashion conscience really love the iPhone, the iPhone is generally more polished and slick but the Droid genuinely does more stuff, it took me 2+ weeks to get used to the keyboard and now I can use it like a pro, it's not the greatest keyboard but once you're used to it it's as good as any other.

The droid certainly is the most capable phone on the market but what the iphone does it generally looks cooler while doing.

Of course similar to you the clincher for me was the network, I left Verizon once and I won't do it again despite their over-pricedness.

This is why MANY (though not all) people love Apple products. They feel it endows them with a sense of being "in" or "tech savvy"... :rofl3:... that's one reason they are often so hated by many actual techies (and again, I'm not talking about the few actually techie Apple users).
I'm glad you added this because I would have to beat 'cho behind lol!! j/k Hey I happen to like Apple's computers :( I just happened to dislike my windows experience, I honestly didn't like it, I'd have to reformat and re-install my desktop machine like once a year due to performance issues :(. This might change now but I haven't used windows 7 so I wouldn't really know lol, I didn't like vista though lol.

I finally had enough of it (Windows XP) and turned my desktop into a linux server and now use it as a downloading machine :D. Really enjoying Linux and Android now!! I'm really starting to feel a paradigm shift coming on lol especially after that iPad BS.

Musturd

Reaction score
Also, on the iPhone there is no multitasking.
On the Droid there is.

You can listen to Slacker while viewing other apps (I think) on the Droid NOT on the iPhone.

Rettocs

Reaction score
Something tells me he went back to the iPhone and we will never see him again :D

OP
A

andysousa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry... was actually out of town on business and just never got around to checking back in. So, it has been a little over a week and I am happy to report that I ditch the iPhone. I really really love the OS and think it is superior to the iPhone OS. The customization and notifications system is awesome.

As far as the VZW vs. ATT, the service is great. For some reason I drop down to 1x a lot in my office (in the middle of Boston) which sucks, but honestly being on 1x is still working better then the att 3g service at times.

I know I still have lots to catch up on with getting to know the OS, but I must say I am truly impressed at this point. So impressed I sold my iPhone yesterday to a co-worker ;)

Droid ON!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry... was actually out of town on business and just never got around to checking back in. So, it has been a little over a week and I am happy to report that I ditch the iPhone. I really really love the OS and think it is superior to the iPhone OS. The customization and notifications system is awesome.

As far as the VZW vs. ATT, the service is great. For some reason I drop down to 1x a lot in my office (in the middle of Boston) which sucks, but honestly being on 1x is still working better then the att 3g service at times.

I know I still have lots to catch up on with getting to know the OS, but I must say I am truly impressed at this point. So impressed I sold my iPhone yesterday to a co-worker ;)

Droid ON!

Yay! Another convert, welcome to the Droid :motdroidvert: Lovers :heart: club! lol:icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome. Enjoy your stay!

You left just in time, Steve Jobs keeps 'locking down' more and more with Apple and the App Store. He banned the word, yes even the mention, of the word "Android" from the App Store, and has just recently also banned apps in the App Store from using location based advertising.

Welcome to Open Development :)

Chewy

Reaction score
If you are still here....I tell you that the Droid is the best phone I have ever owned (including the iPhone). To fully enjoy it, watch this forum and learn as much as possible.