From iPhone to Motorola Droid

IceCold357

Reaction score
Okay I LOVE my iphone but I am just really fed up with AT&T. On my trip up to Athens, GA this weekend for a game, I had to depend on my wife's Droid because the coverage on my iPhone was just horrible. It was really the straw that broke my back. I have been dealing with this AT&T coverage issue in my area for awhile now and was able to do so just because I love the iPhone. Well I just can't take it anymore and have just ordered a Motorola Droid from Verizon. I have no issue with the iPhone just with AT&T. Anyway, has anyone here made that switch from iPhone to Android? What are some tips on actually making that switch? Pro's and Con's I am really excited to be able to finally have 3G coverage in my area since Verizon has it and AT&T doesn't. I have been playing with my wife's Droid and it is an amazing device. Any input would be helpful. Thanks guys! (Just my little rant and personal opinion)

HMJB

Reaction score
Okay I LOVE my iphone but I am just really fed up with AT&T. On my trip up to Athens, GA this weekend for a game, I had to depend on my wife's Droid because the coverage on my iPhone was just horrible. It was really the straw that broke my back. I have been dealing with this AT&T coverage issue in my area for awhile now and was able to do so just because I love the iPhone. Well I just can't take it anymore and have just ordered a Motorola Droid from Verizon. I have no issue with the iPhone just with AT&T. Anyway, has anyone here made that switch from iPhone to Android? What are some tips on actually making that switch? Pro's and Con's I am really excited to be able to finally have 3G coverage in my area since Verizon has it and AT&T doesn't. I have been playing with my wife's Droid and it is an amazing device. Any input would be helpful. Thanks guys! (Just my little rant and personal opinion)

hahaha
Welcome!

For me, I had the original iPhone for 3-4 years (lost track) before I switched to Verizon for the Droid.... had no problems adjusting to the much faster phone. Only thing really was getting used to a real keyboard! Since I was using the onscreen keyboard with the iPhone for so long... that was my only adjustment I think!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

hahaha
Welcome!

For me, I had the original iPhone for 3-4 years (lost track) before I switched to Verizon for the Droid.... had no problems adjusting to the much faster phone. Only thing really was getting used to a real keyboard! Since I was using the onscreen keyboard with the iPhone for so long... that was my only adjustment I think!

Well, and one you weren't forced to make. He could use the virtual keyboard if he wished.

Welcome to the forum, be prepared to unleash the power of a real device!

joker402

Reaction score
welcome and the iphone is cool but its only cool if it has covrage other than that its just an Ipod (no pun intended)

you will love the droid and if you cant get used to the keyboard(s) than jyou can download the Iphone keyboard and use that (i do) so it gives you some thing familiar

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score
welcome and the iphone is cool but its only cool if it has covrage other than that its just an Ipod (no pun intended)

you will love the droid and if you cant get used to the keyboard(s) than jyou can download the Iphone keyboard and use that (i do) so it gives you some thing familiar

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Keep all the tips coming. I am checking my FEDEX tracker like every other hour to see where my Droid is, ha!. I think I will do that iphone keyboard because I type really fast on that. I have been typing on my wife's Droid and I am pretty good on it so I think I will be alright. Is there anyway I can get all my contacts from my iPhone on to my Droid or will I have to do it all manually? Again thanks for the welcomes and I am still listening to all tips! And so true about the coverage deal with the iPhone. It's just been killing me.

joker402

Reaction score
we do it with a cellbrite machine at my store but idk of any other way to get them unless the iphone lets you store them on you computer then you can import them to your gmail account and that will sync with the droid

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score
we do it with a cellbrite machine at my store but idk of any other way to get them unless the iphone lets you store them on you computer then you can import them to your gmail account and that will sync with the droid

I think I will try to synch them to Gmail and then to the Droid. That may work. If I have to do it all manually no big deal. Just more time I get to spend messing around with my new Droid.

HMJB

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Keep all the tips coming. I am checking my FEDEX tracker like every other hour to see where my Droid is, ha!. I think I will do that iphone keyboard because I type really fast on that. I have been typing on my wife's Droid and I am pretty good on it so I think I will be alright. Is there anyway I can get all my contacts from my iPhone on to my Droid or will I have to do it all manually? Again thanks for the welcomes and I am still listening to all tips! And so true about the coverage deal with the iPhone. It's just been killing me.

Easiest way to is to use the built-in option within iTunes. You can check a tick box and automatically have iTunes sync your contacts to your Google Account.
image_thumb19.png

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score

Easiest way to is to use the built-in option within iTunes. You can check a tick box and automatically have iTunes sync your contacts to your Google Account.
image_thumb19.png

Got it. Thanks! That's too easy.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, IceCold357! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Mtig

Reaction score
You can download bump on both and use that to get your contacts not sure how fast that will be but it does work. Good luck and glad you came to the light!

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score
You can download bump on both and use that to get your contacts not sure how fast that will be but it does work. Good luck and glad you came to the light!

Oh now that's a good idea also. Good Looking out!

mantis5

Reaction score
Welcome IceCold357.

I found it very easy to type on the Droid's virtual keyboard after being used to my ipod touch, so I don't think you will have much of an issue there. I hardly ever use the hardware keyboard.

Only advice I'll give is, be aware that the Android Market apps don't undergo certification like the Apple iTunes store, so time spent on research is well spent. Not all apps play nicely together. Read the reviews. :)

This forum is full of helpful people so if you have any questions, you are likely to find them here!

cpjr

Reaction score
Congrats....but dunno what was up with your iphone, I live in Athens and have both the droid and iphone, have never had coverage issues with it here or around :eek: