From iPhone to Motorola Droid

mikes

Reaction score
In his original post he was saying he had the phone for 3-4 years but didnt know (since it came out) and your going to say January then cover it up like you were talking about something else, lol. And I have no idea why your even bringing up something about someone being an Apple employee.

PS- Apple employee's didnt get the phone early, if thats what your trying to say....they actually had to wait until a month or two after the public release because all corporate employees were given iphones.
"Talking about something else?" Unless English is your second language, it was perfectly clear.

I pointed out he couldn't have had it 4 years. Some Apple employees very obviously DID have it from around the January timeframe, when a working model was publicly shown. There were obviously units in the hands of AT&T employees, too, since it would have been undergoing testing prior to release.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, that he might have gotten one at the earliest opportunity, which makes it about 3 years.

You want to say it's 2 1/2 max, fine. You win.

cpjr

Reaction score
In his original post he was saying he had the phone for 3-4 years but didnt know (since it came out) and your going to say January then cover it up like you were talking about something else, lol. And I have no idea why your even bringing up something about someone being an Apple employee.

PS- Apple employee's didnt get the phone early, if thats what your trying to say....they actually had to wait until a month or two after the public release because all corporate employees were given iphones.
"Talking about something else?" Unless English is your second language, it was perfectly clear.

I pointed out he couldn't have had it 4 years. Some Apple employees very obviously DID have it from around the January timeframe, when a working model was publicly shown. There were obviously units in the hands of AT&T employees, too, since it would have been undergoing testing prior to release.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, that he might have gotten one at the earliest opportunity, which makes it about 3 years.

You want to say it's 2 1/2 max, fine. You win.

If that argument makes you feel better....you can un-wad your panties now.

HMJB

Reaction score
Don't make me go get my receipt...still got it in the box it came with, lol.

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score

Wow, you got me hyped up, lol. Great points on all. I am also not a big gamer on the phone so that's no big deal. Good looking

More cons: kinda proprietary cable (micro USB.... not mini). A little bigger in your pocket - doesn't have those great curves of the iphone. Keyboard seems slightly more error prone that iphone... and the physical keyboard is really only good for gaming IMO. Verizon Visual Voicemail doesn't support Bluetooth (if you don't have a a2dp bluetooth.... like the every popular jawbone).... Google Voice might be cool, but don't have an invite. Media, again, sucks: sure you can see movies, listen to music, and look at pictures on Droid.... but the whole experience is neanderthal.

Equals: battery life seems the same. Charge every night and you'll be ok. Built like a brick - feels like it'll be solid for several years (though I did have dirt under my 3G iphone screen....). Verizon cost me $5 more a month.... no biggie.

Pros: push Gmail built in. Screen is awsome. Can make ANY media a ringtone or notification. You don't have to pay apple to make a stupid ringtone of a song you already purchased. There's an app called DoubleTwist that emulates iTunes to put music (whatever is non DRM) on your Droid.

Look, I was a day 1 iphone purchaser. I work in video production and haven't touched a PC in 10 years. I drink the Apple kool aid. But I really love this phone. Maybe it's the novelty? My iPhone was pretty much the same from day 1 to day 700.... But end of day I NEED a better network. And I really love being able to customize my Droid.

More good points. I also gulp of the Apple Kool Aid. I have an iMac, Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule, iphone, iPod touch, and 2 iPods. But like you said it, it all boils down to the network and I have just had it. I actually like the feel of the Droid. I like phones that have a little weight to them so it's a plus for me. After picking up a Palm Pre I must say that there is nothing like picking up a phone that feels nice and sturdy. I have been customizing my wife's Droid for her and it just feels so good to be able to have the freedom to do that. Once again thanks for the tips and points!

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score
I just received my Droid this afternoon. This thing is amazing. Easy set up and no problem porting my number over. Only issue I am having is getting my AKO Email set up but I will look around the forum and see if I can get straight. :motdroidvert: