iPhone User: Swithed To Droid

tux2k47

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to say hello to everyone in this community. I really have found a lot of information on this site and within the first hour of buying my Droid I had it running 2.1 Adamz ROM perfectly. WiFi tethering is up and running and I couldn't be happier. The phone is sooooo much smoother and faster compared to my iPhone 3GS. It was a pain to get WiFi Tethering working on my iPhone!

My iPhone recently decided it didn't want to accept any touch commands from the screen. At the same time, my ear speaker went out, I couldn't hear any calls unless it was on speaker phone or bluetooth. I only had 2 months left with my AT&T contract so I decided to switch to Verizon. AT&T charged me $80.00 for the early termination fee since I was close to the end of my contract and Verizon offered to pay that off for me! Unfortunately AT&T does not offer any extended coverage for the iPhone and since my warranty ran up with Apple I was screwed.

I ended up going to Best Buy. My local Best Buy price matched Wal-Mart, which was selling the Droid last week for $19.99 (No Mail in Rebates!) I'm sure if I have any questions in the future, this will definitely be the place to ask them.

Last edited:

geedowt

Reaction score
hell ya! welcome. watever you do dont download robo defense!

and imho all the speech2text integration, screen (size and pixel count), and all the custom roms really makes the droid stand out a bit over the iphone for me.

good luck with your phone.

BigMace23

Reaction score
good deal dude... and rooting will make your droid even better! Glad to see you on the forums

OP
T

tux2k47

Reaction score
haha you know that's funny you say that cause I was just playing tower Raiders and saw robo defense on the Android Market, that's on my list of things to try!