iPhone no more

oakleytrd

Reaction score
hey all, no stranger to the forum scene here but still relatively new to the android market. I had an iPhone until monday when it sunk to the bottom a lake, it was a day old warranty replacement too :mad:

went that night and dropped AT&T and the iphone for good and picked up a Motorola Droid.

so far so good, im pretty happy with the phone but its going to take some getting used to. Any advice on apps to download would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Darkseider

Reaction score
Welcome to the family! Well some apps I like are:

3D Homerun Battle
Frozen Bubble
Flood-It
Jewels
Robo Defense
Google Goggles
Google Skymap
Google Earth
Google Shopper
Album Art Grabber
3 Music Player
Meridian Media Player
Engadget
Fring
Phandroid
Layar
NFL Mobile
Fandango
Screebl
TV.com

Those should get you started. I have more but more for specific use like, Subnet Calc, VNC, RDP, terminal emulator, SSH, etc...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey all, no stranger to the forum scene here but still relatively new to the android market. I had an iPhone until monday when it sunk to the bottom a lake, it was a day old warranty replacement too :mad:

went that night and dropped AT&T and the iphone for good and picked up a Motorola Droid.

so far so good, im pretty happy with the phone but its going to take some getting used to. Any advice on apps to download would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Welcome, oakleytrd! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Just check out the links in my signature and you’ll get some really good advice that may take the edge off the learning curve. Hope you enjoy your time here!

And here's a great one on app recommendations: Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

:welcome:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! BTW Droid does not do water either.. I know this:)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I have to ask, just how many "official" skips on the water did you get with that bad boy?

Enjoy your stay here, you're in for a treat.