Hello

SkullOne

Reaction score
I must say incredible forum here with a wealth of knowledge I get to learn from.

I've had the Droid since November. It replaced an iPhone 3G. My iPhone was a good phone but AT&T and Apple's iron fist keep it from being a great phone. I got fed up with dropped calls or calls that never rang the phone. Calls from the wife that don't get answered get you into trouble so I decided to toss my iPhone. Verizon took good care of me and I must say the difference is like night and day. Better speeds, no dropped or missed calls and the ability to do so much more then iPhone without having to root.

However, now I'm looking into rooting because of what I've seen people be able to do with their phones on forums like this. So I figure it's time to maximize my phones potential. :icon_ banana:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SkullOne thanks for checking in. I got my Droid in November also and just rooted it on Friday. The process is pretty straightforward now so you won't have any problem I'm sure. And people complain about VZW pricing, but when you have the reliability, it's worth the slightly extra you might pay with other carriers.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must say incredible forum here with a wealth of knowledge I get to learn from.

I've had the Droid since November. It replaced an iPhone 3G. My iPhone was a good phone but AT&T and Apple's iron fist keep it from being a great phone. I got fed up with dropped calls or calls that never rang the phone. Calls from the wife that don't get answered get you into trouble so I decided to toss my iPhone. Verizon took good care of me and I must say the difference is like night and day. Better speeds, no dropped or missed calls and the ability to do so much more then iPhone without having to root.

However, now I'm looking into rooting because of what I've seen people be able to do with their phones on forums like this. So I figure it's time to maximize my phones potential. :icon_ banana:

:welcome: to the forum. I hope you make this your forum of choice.

I felt like you did. I wasn't going to root my phone I didn't care what anybody did. Don't let peer pressure get to you. Even if somebody, like Vulcan Rider sends you an IM saying they rooted there phone stand by your principles.

Or you can be weak like me and just say OK and do it and improve your phone. It's entirely up to you.;)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I felt like you did. I wasn't going to root my phone I didn't care what anybody did. Don't let peer pressure get to you. Even if somebody, like Vulcan Rider sends you an IM saying they rooted there phone stand by your principles.

Or you can be weak like me and just say OK and do it and improve your phone. It's entirely up to you.;)
LOL @ Hook Bill

OP
SkullOne

SkullOne

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome.

SkullOne thanks for checking in. I got my Droid in November also and just rooted it on Friday. The process is pretty straightforward now so you won't have any problem I'm sure. And people complain about VZW pricing, but when you have the reliability, it's worth the slightly extra you might pay with other carriers.

Actually I thought Verizon pricing was pretty good. My wife was already using Verizon so by getting Droid, moving to a family plan with her, and getting my work discount we're actually saving $50 a month versus my iPhone 3G and her BB Curve. So I have no complaints. :D

:icon_ laughup::icon_ laughup: