Theory! Greg! Pete! P3! where are youu!

Icharus1

Reaction score
Yea theres ICS but it will probably never become fully working like it would probably be if it had a unlocked bootloader. Kernels make a difference.
I've been reading on testers blogs that the new Nexus has a TERRIBLE camera. HORRIBLE lag on screen animations such as landscape to regular. Poor build quality that feels pretty cheap to the hand as it's all plastic. Non gorilla glass plus much much more.

You may be picking the better phone to root. At least I (we) picked one with better specs and one that has better build quality. And I don't even want to hear about your pretty true HD display. Talk to me about it when your car keys crack the thing in your pocket.

To be honest. ICS isn't all that great anyways.

Another honest opinion from a RAZR user. I had my OG Droid since day 1. I was proud to have a fully unlocked phone to root and such. Then I got the RAZR. I see no reason what so ever to root. It's BLAZING fast. "Blur" works well and actually looks good for once. I'm happy to stay stock this time.

Another thing that bugs me.. We are Android. Take all your negative bashing towards a nice phone and aim it at Apple or something. Bias as that may sound as I trashed the Nexus. I'm just throwing counter points to your otherwise moot argument.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Lol. I love this post. Ever one was saying how the nexus with oooo soo good ics was going to blow every one away. And how its 5 mp camera was good cuz of fast shutter timel. Lol 5 my dx has an 8 how old is the dx now "not to bash dx owners" but really that phone is in the same world as all other Samsung in my opinion junk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Dr01_D

Reaction score
I've been reading on testers blogs that the new Nexus has a TERRIBLE camera. HORRIBLE lag on screen animations such as landscape to regular. Poor build quality that feels pretty cheap to the hand as it's all plastic. Non gorilla glass plus much much more.

You may be picking the better phone to root. At least I (we) picked one with better specs and one that has better build quality. And I don't even want to hear about your pretty true HD display. Talk to me about it when your car keys crack the thing in your pocket.

Another honest opinion from a RAZR user. I had my OG Droid since day 1. I was proud to have a fully unlocked phone to root and such. Then I got the RAZR. I see no reason what so ever to root. It's BLAZING fast. "Blur" works well and actually looks good for once. I'm happy to stay stock this time.

Another thing that bugs me.. We are Android. Take all your negative bashing towards a nice phone and aim it at Apple or something. Bias as that may sound as I trashed the Nexus. I'm just throwing counter points to your otherwise moot argument.

I completely agree. Gnex will be completely irrelevant 2 years from now. And the OG is still awesome IMO. Motorola has always had solid build quailty and they continue to prove it. Time always tells.

clicked from my OG droid

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
I never understood the whole "build quality on the nexus sucks" claims. it feels like a phone. a great one at that! i dont think it has poor build quality at all. i (rented) the razr while i was waiting for the gnex to come out since my OG droid sadly gave out, R.I.P droid, and both phones are good but to me the nexus was simply the better choice. feels better in my hand, contoured design seems to mold to my pockets and not feel bulky, blazing fast, and the camera is perfectly fine in my opinion! im not a professional photographer, the photos i do take come out great, crisp, and clean and thats all i require of it.
loving the development for this gnex already! within the first few days of having it a rom was released, now within the rom thread theres about 5 roms to choice from! im not all that great at being patient so having the same variety in ROM selection as the OG droid is awesome in my opinion!
I do hope the RAZR gets dev support as all android devices do! i also dont like the bashing of phones so im just stating why i made my choice in picking the Gnex over the RAZR :)

Reaction score
I never understood the whole "build quality on the nexus sucks" claims. it feels like a phone. a great one at that! i dont think it has poor build quality at all. i (rented) the razr while i was waiting for the gnex to come out since my OG droid sadly gave out, R.I.P droid, and both phones are good but to me the nexus was simply the better choice. feels better in my hand, contoured design seems to mold to my pockets and not feel bulky, blazing fast, and the camera is perfectly fine in my opinion! im not a professional photographer, the photos i do take come out great, crisp, and clean and thats all i require of it.
loving the development for this gnex already! within the first few days of having it a rom was released, now within the rom thread theres about 5 roms to choice from! im not all that great at being patient so having the same variety in ROM selection as the OG droid is awesome in my opinion!
I do hope the RAZR gets dev support as all android devices do! i also dont like the bashing of phones so im just stating why i made my choice in picking the Gnex over the RAZR :)

It really is just a matter of preference. To some GNex is great but to others it just isn't there. I personally tried it out and it just felt cheap and had lag. I wad not impressed at all and absolutely love the RAZR. For me, even though I would love some options for ROMS, I would rather have a stock RAZR than a rooted GNex.

But that is just me and that is why we have options.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Stik

Reaction score
I used to troll the Gnex faithful until I realised that they really troll themselves. It's funny in a way to see them all trying to justify their purchase of the GNex. In my eyes, if you have a great device it needs no justification. I myself have not once tried to justify my purchase of the Razr as I believe it speaks for itself. You take top of the line hardware, stuff it into a plastic bag, throw in a pair of ICS goggles and Voila!!!! The geek world is in love... Until CES that is :)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be honest I am curious to see what the next Nexus is all about. I think the Gnex is great....but I love my Razr and am not convinced that the Gnex will be able to pull me. If it was a Moto Nexus it would be in the bag.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Wow the jealousy and envy its unbearable in here. I can't even breathe!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow the jealousy and envy its unbearable in here. I can't even breathe!

This....

So many bashing the GNex and then saying "but I'm not bashing it". Or the "I don't need to justify my choice" but let me tell you about the Razr....

Both are excellent phones. I, coming from a D1, set my priorities on a phone that would have excellent dev support and unlocked boot loaders. Those that went with the Razr didn't have my same priorities.

Enough of the trolling (from both sides). Enjoy the decision you made. 2 years from now, both will be blown away by newer models. So leave the hate please. :)

Last edited:

GTX1

Reaction score

Heres my responses:

1. My GNex's camera absolutely destroys my old Droid X, and looked great compared to a family members iPhone 4S. Not quite as good as the 4S, but it's right there.

2. Lag? Where....? Who says there is lag? Seriously? This phone is just as smooth as any other on the market. I have mine clocked down to 1100 mHz and it's still smooth as butter. I get around 20-23 hours of battery life. It isn't the brand gorilla glass (the screen), but it's still reinforced glass by another company.

3. Specs? GNex: 4460 TiOMAP Razr: 4430 TiOMAP Build quality? The Nexus is a 3 piece phone: Chassis(metal), frame(metal), glass, LCD, and digitizer are all one piece. The backplate and battery cover are the other 2. The only plastic on the phone is the outside frame, battery cover, and cover for the chipset. It has NFC, which turns out is great because you get a free 10 bucks.

4. ICS is amazing. The ability to load up the exact image of your last used application, click it, and have it load without any lag right where you left off is crazy awesome. ICS will never look good on the Razr or the Rezound or any phone for that matter. ICS needs to be on a flat color slate, no buttons. Android 4.0 is unlike iOS in so many ways, yet different from Android 2.3 in a lot of ways as well. Sometimes I just play around with the animations in the launcher just to see how futuristic it is.

5.Your Razr is a great phone, and I think it's sad that developers aren't here because of that. You purchased the wrong phone if you liked rooting and hacking. If you wanted a thin phone that has the classic DROID look with some pretty high end technology, then the Razr is for you. If you want a phone that's on the bleeding edge with a decent camera and a deep developing community, than the Nexus is for you.

PS: My Droid X was my favorite phone ever, even more than my OG Droid. But now that I have my Nexus, I can tell you that it's nice to have a phone that doesn't bend. My X would twist and creak and bend all the time, but now with my supposed "****ty Samsung built phone" it's going to be worse... but this phone is a rock. The sturdiest phone I've ever had in my life.

PPS: Don't try and say the Nexus is outdated compared to the Razr in specs wise. It has a newer generation processor, higher DPI and resolution and larger screen than the Razr. It has NFC. Removable battery. Fastboot, unlocked bootloader, and direct Google updates. It does not have an SD card, other than that it's even.

lfylove

Reaction score
I love my nexus my dad has razr he really likes it. I want to root and rom just like I did on my og droid so if there is no more unlocked phones I guess I'll be keeping this phone forevvveeeerrrrrrrrr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my nexus my dad has razr he really likes it. I want to root and rom just like I did on my og droid so if there is no more unlocked phones I guess I'll be keeping this phone forevvveeeerrrrrrrrr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Well the nexus has a ton of roms already. Of course..lol I'm getting one as well here in the next month. I like to have all of the latest when i can. And yeah the razr is pretty nice! Just need some roms! Lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!