Theory! Greg! Pete! P3! where are youu!

nebneb333

Reaction score
If there can be development for the cliq 2(a disaster of a phone with a locked bootloader) we will for sure have development on this phone! just have to be patient and just wait out (anxiously) for the devs to come up with something for us!

Reaction score
devs have the phone but everyone its waiting for the fast boot files

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
twitter.com/droidth3ory

twitter.com/droidjunk

twitter.com/nitroglycerin33

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I kinda like the RAZR as is to be perfectly honest :eek:

Can't say I wouldnt like to see some developers jump on board (and they will) but its a pretty awesome device as is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bws2007

Reaction score
believe it when it comes from VZW employey then they are 99.9% telling u the trouth because i use to b a store manager and b 4 that a tech rep for VZW and they are pritty good @ telling the trouth unless they just want to sell u some thing really bad...lol but unless there is a really big software glitch then VZW will usually get the word out some way some how because they just want to put the best on there products that work hand in hand with the network.
Well I work for VZ and I am telling you from the memo released to us ICS is looking to be January 2012. As for the moto blur fixes are coming in the firmware update already releasing in December.

breedingh8

Reaction score
Well I work for VZ and I am telling you from the memo released to us ICS is looking to be January 2012. As for the moto blur fixes are coming in the firmware update already releasing in December.

Any updates on this :-D

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

bogginblazer

Reaction score
well even though your responses are irrelevant n silly ill respond...i had the bionic from day 1 bc i was tired of waiting...i got a connect at the verizon at costco so at day 88 she gave me an exchange for the razr...and i can rock it till jan 20 before i exchange for the nexus...so i will most likely get the nexus...although i LOVE this phone it completely doo-doos on every other phone ive used and seen...itll be really hard to exchange it honestly if this phone had the nexus screen and was buttonless i wouldnt even with locked bootloader and motos ui...people critisize moto's ui but ima tell u i honestly truly like it its just an expanded stock launcher it doesnt bog down the phone or bring any negatives that people say only bc they never used it n just are looking for something to hate on...im sure ics on this phone will be fantastic...

now back to what i originally asked you guys forget there are plenty devs out there and can get pretty damn good roms on these moto phones...look at all the dev for the dx there was...i used theory's roms on the bionic and they were fantastic...theres really nothing the locked bootloader stops except actually being able to reboot into clockwork from phone off(in case of soft brick)...and changing of the kernal...but who really cares these phones are so fast why u even need to mess with the kernal...u can still get a stock android experience if you want i actually enjoyed the blurry roms on the bionic for what i said before about moto's ui...its really has good features and i never see myself putting on launcher pro or adw anymore like i did my og

sooo....as i was saying before...dev's where are you us droid razr guys need you! lol

this might be a dumb question but what are ics?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
this might be a dumb question but what are ics?

Ice cream sandwich. Google's new os which is getting close to launching officially.

EDIT: Got ninja'd!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
The problem with the nexus Google is that its a Samsung. Cheap plastic construction and not likely to.have the radio quality or build quality of the Razr...I'm not saying I don't care but at the point were at I don't need a new kernel so the bootloader being locked isn't an end all...just like a cleaned up rom with bloat removed and the ability to run some nice themes and the Sbf files would be nice ...

Thach

Reaction score
The problem with the nexus Google is that its a Samsung. Cheap plastic construction and not likely to.have the radio quality or build quality of the Razr...I'm not saying I don't care but at the point were at I don't need a new kernel so the bootloader being locked isn't an end all...just like a cleaned up rom with bloat removed and the ability to run some nice themes and the Sbf files would be nice ...

My thoughts exactly. To me,the SBF files are the most important thing I would like to see next.

Dr01_D

Reaction score
The problem with the nexus Google is that its a Samsung. Cheap plastic construction and not likely to.have the radio quality or build quality of the Razr...

Agreed. i trust motorola they have been doing telecommunications since day one. plus the razr looks so sick. i cant wait til my upgrade so i can go get one.dancedroid

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Droidth3ory had pictures of a RAZR that he had successfully flashed ICS. So, what was that someone said about the RAZR being the wrong choice? LMAO

Yea theres ICS but it will probably never become fully working like it would probably be if it had a unlocked bootloader. Kernels make a difference.