Theory! Greg! Pete! P3! where are youu!

chris420o

Reaction score
theory please get yourself a razr and get us a rom over here we dying!...your work on the bionic was great which is why i loved the phone would love for you to get a razr to get it poppin here for us lol

im basically calling all dev's why no razr love!...greg, theory, p3droid, one of you save us! dancedroid

Jgunz

Reaction score
I believe Theory is working on a ROM, On one of the post here or on Rootzwiki he mentioned that he has a Razr and is working on something.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Because all the devs from the OG Droid are moving to the Galaxy Nexus. You made the wrong choice of phone to upgrade to.

Rotech72

Reaction score
Wrong choice..think not buddy...eventually Droid Razr will receive ICS update..then we'll see who made the right choice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wrong choice..think not buddy...eventually Droid Razr will receive ICS update..then we'll see who made the right choice!

If you want to root your phone and install custom roms and kernels the Nexus if the best phone. The Nexus also has stock ICS and will get all updates first. ICS on the RAZR will have Motoblur on it and will probably make it worse and who knows when it will come.

Rotech72

Reaction score
I do miss my OG Droid...rooted/overclocked/roms....got tired of waiting and watching new/better phones coming out just about every other month...I know my Droid Razr will be other throne by something new eventually...but my phone looks sexy and is fast as hell..lol

OP
chris420o

chris420o

Reaction score
well even though your responses are irrelevant n silly ill respond...i had the bionic from day 1 bc i was tired of waiting...i got a connect at the verizon at costco so at day 88 she gave me an exchange for the razr...and i can rock it till jan 20 before i exchange for the nexus...so i will most likely get the nexus...although i LOVE this phone it completely doo-doos on every other phone ive used and seen...itll be really hard to exchange it honestly if this phone had the nexus screen and was buttonless i wouldnt even with locked bootloader and motos ui...people critisize moto's ui but ima tell u i honestly truly like it its just an expanded stock launcher it doesnt bog down the phone or bring any negatives that people say only bc they never used it n just are looking for something to hate on...im sure ics on this phone will be fantastic...

now back to what i originally asked you guys forget there are plenty devs out there and can get pretty damn good roms on these moto phones...look at all the dev for the dx there was...i used theory's roms on the bionic and they were fantastic...theres really nothing the locked bootloader stops except actually being able to reboot into clockwork from phone off(in case of soft brick)...and changing of the kernal...but who really cares these phones are so fast why u even need to mess with the kernal...u can still get a stock android experience if you want i actually enjoyed the blurry roms on the bionic for what i said before about moto's ui...its really has good features and i never see myself putting on launcher pro or adw anymore like i did my og

sooo....as i was saying before...dev's where are you us droid razr guys need you! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

alexp1289

Reaction score
Developers where are you? :p

crwys

Reaction score
Because all the devs from the OG Droid are moving to the Galaxy Nexus. You made the wrong choice of phone to upgrade to.

You have been trolling the Razr for a long time now so just drop it.
I figured someone with the title "Developer" to their name would have better respect.
People want this phone because they do and do not care about customize-able kernels or locked boot loaders so give it a rest man.

@OP
Just give it time, ROMS will come, the Razr just came out not too long ago.
Give it time. :)

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
If you want to root your phone and install custom roms and kernels the Nexus if the best phone. The Nexus also has stock ICS and will get all updates first. ICS on the RAZR will have Motoblur on it and will probably make it worse and who knows when it will come.
Well I work for VZ and I am telling you from the memo released to us ICS is looking to be January 2012. As for the moto blur fixes are coming in the firmware update already releasing in December.

Jgunz

Reaction score
Well I work for VZ and I am telling you from the memo released to us ICS is looking to be January 2012. As for the moto blur fixes are coming in the firmware update already releasing in December.

Thats great news cant wait to see ICS on the RAZR. Yes I cant wait also to see the nexus but after buying a RAZR I can say that this phone is very sexy and with ICS it would be one of the top phones to have.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

What does a December update to Gingerbread have to do with making Blur compatible with ICS? The 2 OSes wouldn't be using the same version of Blur.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
What does a December update to Gingerbread have to do with making Blur compatible with ICS? The 2 OSes wouldn't be using the same version of Blur.

This is the word strait from our Moto Reps mouth, The blur software will remain similar with small changes, the firmware update coming will fix current issues with blur there is no telling what will come of the ICS version of blur since 4.0 is not available to the general industry yet. I am sure and have faith that when ICS releases for razr it will have a resolved version of blur before they release 4.0.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Thats great news cant wait to see ICS on the RAZR. Yes I cant wait also to see the nexus but after buying a RAZR I can say that this phone is very sexy and with ICS it would be one of the top phones to have.

I agree.

Thach

Reaction score
There have been other phones with locked bootloaders that have had development support. If the RAZR gets passed because of 1 phone with a unlocked bootloader, I think it will be a real sad day. There are so many developers out there with some seriously amazing work that I would love to see. Our November developer of the month is the top one I would love to see come out with something.