[THEME RELEASE] * EpicBlue n Bold for Liberty 1.5 or 2.0x - D2/D2G Only!

PTREE818

Reaction score
Apps

:bday2:Yes Hello , 2xs so far for me to , I just manually went int o the marketplace , clicked menu , select (my apps) then manually select each one and press stop then intall ,it should unfreeze, or u can just go thru Titanium batch it up then pick what u want. As far as Blackmart . Apllanet apps im pretty sure they too would be in titanium, if dont have titanium just redownload applanet and blackmart, then u can get apps back.... assuming u have those two alt/ markets. Hope helps if u havent already solved.dancedroid:greendroid:dancedroid

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes hello sorry I thought there was a post about someone not being able to get appear back after flashing.can't find I prob medicated and staring at something else. How is your on the job training? R u like the main person where u are at? Or do they give u more moola for training?
Ptree

oaklund8

Reaction score
New here and had a question. I have been fiddling with a couple different ROMs and was wondering if I can flash liberty overtop of my current ROM? (zombiestomped) I, unfortunately do NOT have a backup of my droid 2 froyo stock ROM.

Just realized I probably posted in the wrong section. MOD move this if needed. Sorry

s22lane

Reaction score
No...if ur on gingerbread based ROM...then I don't think u can just flash to a froyo based ROM... so unless u r trying to flash Liberty nightlies (gingerbread based) over zombiestomped...then u will have to SBF back to froyo to flash any of the regular Liberty ROMS (froyo based).

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I wouldn't advise flashing any rom OVER another rom, wiping is always your best option.

What he said about GB --> Froyo is correct, you will need to SBF back to froyo before flashing this version of Liberty.

Now as far as nightlies go, if you are going from the same leak version that the version of Liberty GB is, then you should be good. If you are going from older to new, also should be good. but if going from newer to older, you may have to SBF back to Froyo.

All the GB-GB stuff i'm not certain of, as I haven't dove into GB yet with my D2. Just what i've been told and heard.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Sorry guys, but the D2 is gone now and I can no longer properly support this theme. Feel free to port the theme (to future versions of Liberty ONLY, just make sure to give credit to myself and the guys in the credits were I got my icons from). PM Me so that there aren't 13 people trying to port it.

Unless one of you has a DX or D2 with a bad ESN you are willing to donate ;)

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
How come you didn't just keep the D2 for experimental purpose? I know for sure when I upgrade to a D3 or something else I'll keep the D2 around for testing and other stuff.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Because I don't wear the pants, lol! Wife said to sell the D2 if i wanted a new phone. And i want my 4G phone before big red screws everyone this summer.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I know you cant properly support this anymore, and thats fine. I just hope you can try to provide a general answer. Shame I cant use this theme on CM7. Anyways, I loved your facebook apk. Is there any reason the apk itself should NOT work on CM7? I tried the zip but I assume theres something in there not compliant with either GB, or the way CM7 is hacked to boot as it caused me to bootloop. I was flashing only the facebook zip itself, not the entire theme zip.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know you cant properly support this anymore, and thats fine. I just hope you can try to provide a general answer. Shame I cant use this theme on CM7. Anyways, I loved your facebook apk. Is there any reason the apk itself should NOT work on CM7? I tried the zip but I assume theres something in there not compliant with either GB, or the way CM7 is hacked to boot as it caused me to bootloop. I was flashing only the facebook zip itself, not the entire theme zip.

Probably with how we had to screw with CM7 to get it to work, try extracting the apk and manually installing it.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
What he said, you may have to sign it. I am I'm the processes of making a CM7 version of the theme, and as anyone can tell you, it's a long process.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Probably with how we had to screw with CM7 to get it to work
Kinda figured when I read you, or maybe it was some one else, describe the hijacking process you had to do lol.

What he said, you may have to sign it. I am I'm the processes of making a CM7 version of the theme, and as anyone can tell you, it's a long process.

Well I have no idea how exactly the theme manager in CM7 works. I will have to dig in to it just to understand it for the sake of understanding it. Even if I cant take the time to learn, I still like knowing what the general process is, but enough useless rambling.

So rather then sign the APK, I tried to just use it the lazy way and place it in /system/app/ since system apps do not need to be signed if memory serves me right. /data/app/ apks do need to be signed. So I placed facebook.apk in /system/app/, reboot and look through the app drawer. No luck. I tried to install the app from /system/app/. I guess I will try signing it instead, but any idea why iot didnt work in /system/app/

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
After you place it in system/app you need to set the permissions to rw-r--r-- then reboot for it to show up.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Thanks the permissions did the trick. I swore I tried them last time to, but guess i got them wrong or something. Who knows. Thanks for all the hard work on the original theme here. Cant wait till you get the CM7 version working! Best of luck with it! If you ever want help testing it, I will be happy to help.