[Theme] All New ***Twisted Inception***

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I am kind of having that problem installing the Pandora and Facebook app. I installed Gmail without a problem, but I am getting "Application not installed" from pandora and facebook. I have restarted multiple times, reinstalled and uninstalled the 2 apps multiple times and I still can't get it to work.

Suggestions?

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am kind of having that problem installing the Pandora and Facebook app. I installed Gmail without a problem, but I am getting "Application not installed" from pandora and facebook. I have restarted multiple times, reinstalled and uninstalled the 2 apps multiple times and I still can't get it to work.

Suggestions?

Did you use Titanium Backup to uninstall Facebook and Pandora before reinstalling the new ones? I just downloaded both apps and had no issues installing...

I open TiBu and select the button at the top in the middle (Backup/Restore) find the app I'm looking for and tap on it then select Un-install.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just wanted to stop in and say Congrats on the Themers Badge -

...we are glad you were inspired to put this theme together and look forward to what else you have to offer -

- the theme looks sick btw -

Thanks!!!

So how do I get this to work on the Droid incredible?

It would need to be ported, I don't own an Incredible so I can test it, If someone wants to port it to the Incredible have them PM me.

Loving the theme!

Were/Are you going to theme the market or even the icon for it? I have all these sweet looking icons and my markets one is still stock!

Funny thing is I'm working on the market now...

very nice theme! running it now :)

Thanks!!!

schmaltzy

Reaction score

Suggestions?

Did you use Titanium Backup to uninstall Facebook and Pandora before reinstalling the new ones? I just downloaded both apps and had no issues installing...

I open TiBu and select the button at the top in the middle (Backup/Restore) find the app I'm looking for and tap on it then select Un-install.

That is exactly how I uninstalled all 3 apps. Then I restarted and the only one i could get to install is GMAIL. Then I reinstalled and tried going through root explorer but that didn't work either.

Last edited:
OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Done and done! That is exactly how I uninstalled all 3 apps. Then I restarted and the only one i could get to install is GMAIL. Then I reinstalled and tried going through root explorer but that didn't work either.

Hmmm, the only reason (that I can think of) why Facebook and Pandora would not install is because when I resigned the apps the signature does not match the market versions, and that's why it's required to uninstall, reboot, then install the new ones.

Someone had an issue like this in my NexTheme thread, here's the post that worked for them

I managed to get the gmail.apk deleted, but it won't install the new gmail.apk. I did reboot. It just says application not installed. Do you know why?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Try the Install2System command (Ultimate Settings -> Quick Commands). Place the app in /sdcard/system, then run the command.

Ok... the install2System managed to remove YouTube, but it didn't install gmail or YouTube. But, I was able to use God mode--Once I turned that on, both apk files installed just fine. I never used that menu before. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

JDROIDS

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Great creativity on this theme. I am looking forward to the PEv4 release. I'll be donating as soon as you port to PEv4. Thanks.

edit: Donation link?

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Done and done! That is exactly how I uninstalled all 3 apps. Then I restarted and the only one i could get to install is GMAIL. Then I reinstalled and tried going through root explorer but that didn't work either.

Hmmm, the only reason (that I can think of) why Facebook and Pandora would not install is because when I resigned the apps the signature does not match the market versions, and that's why it's required to uninstall, reboot, then install the new ones.

Someone had an issue like this in my NexTheme thread, here's the post that worked for them

Try the Install2System command (Ultimate Settings -> Quick Commands). Place the app in /sdcard/system, then run the command.

Ok... the install2System managed to remove YouTube, but it didn't install gmail or YouTube. But, I was able to use God mode--Once I turned that on, both apk files installed just fine. I never used that menu before. Thanks for the help!

Ok, I got them to install by placing them in /sdcard/system and them running the quick command but now I am having one problem with facebook.....when I go into the settings to try and change my sync setting from "don't sync" to "sync with existing" I get a force close. I can get all the way up to selecting "sync with existing" but as soon as I hit the "OK" button, I get a force close pop-up. Is this a known error or just me?

schmaltzy

Reaction score

Ok, I got them to install by placing them in /sdcard/system and them running the quick command but now I am having one problem with facebook.....when I go into the settings to try and change my sync setting from "don't sync" to "sync with existing" I get a force close. I can get all the way up to selecting "sync with existing" but as soon as I hit the "OK" button, I get a force close pop-up. Is this a known error or just me?

NM - For some reason it fixed itself. I restarted to try something else but now it works....no force closes. Thanks for the help!

TechJPC

Reaction score
My notifications do not show your colors. Mine are gray (stock 2.5)

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Great creativity on this theme. I am looking forward to the PEv4 release. I'll be donating as soon as you port to PEv4. Thanks.

edit: Donation link?

I guess I should add one...:biggrin: