[Theme] UD 2.5 NexTheme

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
NexTheme for UD 2.5

This is an update.zip and installs just like an other udate.zip (AS ALL WAYS MAKE A BACKUP FIRST)

If when you flash if the framework does not take I suggest removing all apps from system/app that are not themed and are in the market, like Mapps, Street, CarHomeGoogle (not CarHomeLauncher) and reflash the theme.

This is not the old school NexTheme, this is my version which I have added a lot to the theme to make it more complete including custom window animations (thanks to dnutz). Check out the changes to the clock and the gallery...

Thanks to Manup456 for the original NexTheme.

The following apps are themed and included:

Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Email
Gallery3D
GenieWidget
Gmail...NOT INCLUDED IN MAIN ZIP. IT'S LISTED IN THE NEXT POST
GoogleQuickSearchBox
Facebook...NOT INCLUDED IN MAIN ZIP. IT'S LISTED IN THE NEXT POST
LatinImeGoogle…keyboard
Launcher
LauncherPro...NOT INCLUDED IN MAIN ZIP. IT'S LISTED IN THE NEXT POST
Mms
Music
Pandora...NOT INCLUDED IN MAIN ZIP. IT'S LISTED IN THE NEXT POST
Phone
Spare Parts
Settings
Talk
Twitter...NOT INCLUDED IN MAIN ZIP. IT'S LISTED IN THE NEXT POST
Vending...NEW
YouTube...NOT INCLUDED IN MAIN ZIP. IT'S LISTED IN THE NEXT POST

The above apps are the ones that come with UD 2.5 and not just old ones I already had themed. The only app that is not new is the stock launcher and that's becuase I like the trash can at the top (but it is themed)

All the apps in the second post are the most recent version.

UD_2.5_NexTheme_12-14.zip

cap2010121422251.jpg
cap2010121422241.jpg

cap201012142224.jpg
cap201012111808.jpg

cap2010120722091.jpg
cap201012142237.jpg

Last edited:
OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To install, Uninstall your current version (might need to use Titanium Backup or Root Explorer), reboot place the new apps on your sdcard and use a file manager like Astro.

Facebook_Nex.apk <----Has normal Facebook icons and I missed a few places that had white on white text...

Facebook-1.5.0.Nex.apk <----This is the one in the picture below, I have changed out a few more icons and fixed some white on white text...

Gmail.apk

LauncherPro-0.8.2.Nex.apk

Pandora-1.5.3.Nex.apk <---Latest version 1.5.3 new link added 12/19 1:05PM EST

Twitter.apk

YouTube.apk

EDIT: Post updated to now include the new fully themed Facebook 1.5.0

cap201012181150.jpg

Last edited:
OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you! I can upgrade to 2.5 now...

Hold on if you downloaded the first link...I missed a very small bit of red in the power controller widget...

Edit: New link is up...

Last edited:

ZBoater

Reaction score
Thanks! Downloading now.

Edit: Looks awesome!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

doublea500

Reaction score
not working for me, i flash using clockwork and i reboot and it isnt themed

jbulluck

Reaction score
Excellent!!

NICE bro!! You must be reading my mind being were only 10min from each other, im headed to UD 2moro, I liked the CM one too...had a couple things missing but I contribute that to updated apps, which i prolly shouldnt even complain about it bcuz you are one of the few that diligently stay on top of your themes!!! NIce work BMW buddy! I'll hook you up real soon, i ran your theme for 4 days and got called to testing but this time, he is not ready lol! Cool man, really like it!! Keep it up bro! :blackdroid:

kwood129

Reaction score
This is the best and most complete theme I've seen. It just keeps getting better and better! My phone just doesn't feel complete without it!

dbst

Reaction score

Read the OP he said to delete some of your system apps first

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:
OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

If when you flash if the framework does not take I suggest removing all apps from system/app that are not themed and are in the market, like Mapps, Street, CarHomeGoogle (not CarHomeLauncher) and reflash the theme.

And if your using any of the themed apps from the second post they need to be deleted prior to installing as well.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well put this theme on just to get some 2.5 love before working on trying my own version of galaxy an dnow i am stuck on it.. i am loving this theme.. looks great and everything seems to be working nicely outside of the normal 2.5 issues we already know about.. new market works though... :)

RonsHome

Reaction score
Just want to thank you BP for resurrecting this theme.
Back in the earlier OG Droid days this was the sh!t, it was the only one I used before I learned how to do it myself.
I love your version and thanks for your time and work. Theming can be thankless and suck you dry even when you do it from the heart.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
THANK YOU!! I've been waiting for this dancedroid

Thank You!!!

Thank you! I can upgrade to 2.5 now...

Thank You!!!

Thanks! Downloading now.

Edit: Looks awesome!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks Again!!!

NICE bro!! You must be reading my mind being were only 10min from each other, im headed to UD 2moro, I liked the CM one too...had a couple things missing but I contribute that to updated apps, which i prolly shouldnt even complain about it bcuz you are one of the few that diligently stay on top of your themes!!! NIce work BMW buddy! I'll hook you up real soon, i ran your theme for 4 days and got called to testing but this time, he is not ready lol! Cool man, really like it!! Keep it up bro! :blackdroid:

Thanks man, I like CM as well but UD has more options built in...

This is the best and most complete theme I've seen. It just keeps getting better and better! My phone just doesn't feel complete without it!

Thank You!!!

well put this theme on just to get some 2.5 love before working on trying my own version of galaxy an dnow i am stuck on it.. i am loving this theme.. looks great and everything seems to be working nicely outside of the normal 2.5 issues we already know about.. new market works though... :)

Thank You, and yeah I just themed the new market and put it in the theme.

Just want to thank you BP for resurrecting this theme.
Back in the earlier OG Droid days this was the sh!t, it was the only one I used before I learned how to do it myself.
I love your version and thanks for your time and work. Theming can be thankless and suck you dry even when you do it from the heart.

Thank you and I hear you on the last line...

LiquorBox

Reaction score
Awesome theme as always. Is the facebook APK the new one with Chat??