The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Just noticed that the led button on the notification widget does not work

yeoj1323

Reaction score
Droid 1: camcorder works fine, the new market does not install (still uses old market and yes i have rebooted), this is a lot faster then 2.5 i like this a lot more

Edit 1:
it appears as if i lose 3g when i receive a call

Edit 2: when i first boot the droid gets very warm, but soon goes down to normal temperature, usb connect via computer works fine, gps works fine, pandora loads normally, music.apk works fine

Edit 4: this may be only my problem, but it seems as if the notification "ring tone" likes to change itself, Also the "3g" problem seems to have the same signal strength it just takes the "3g logo" and hides it

Edit 5: i have not encountered the double tap home issue, However with the phone (this happened both on 2.5 and 3.0) when ever i receive a call it takes about 15-25 seconds for the phone's back light to light up and allow me to answer the call

Only dislikes: you do not have the settings and configure (configure being changing the home page interface, the dock interface etc, not bring able to place items in the dock, and lastly not being able to add shortcuts for system actions (e.x. open app/close app drawer with the acceptation of those the rom is great.

Edit 5: I can not find a way to get my keyboard nor amber light to light up (does have random boot and when it boots it goes into a bootloop)

Last edited:

Superman

Reaction score
Really enjoying this ROM. I'm getting the 3G drops, but I can live with that. I never noticed how much I relied on the capacitive buttons being backlit until now.

I'm experiencing a little buggines (sometimes the "home" button doesn't take me anywhere when pressed) but it's worth it for the great GB features. Rock on Black Droid!

altimax98

Reaction score
Wow is all I can say about this rom. It is nothing short of amazing.. I love how fast it is.. Swype is so fast that I can't keep up lol...

Not one problem here... Camera, camcorder, everything is working except the buttons on the bottom.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am unable to use the internet w/o turning my wifi on.

Other than that, its nice. I restored my 2.5 though just because I want to see how this plays out. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

cant wait for the stable release.

drrickryp

Reaction score
I'm loving it.

I've been waiting patiently for this little gem and it is mighty fine. None does the ROM better than BD. I replaced the stock kernel with incrediblek's #28 and saw a great performance increase. I suggest using the "Smartass" setting on the gov'ner. It underclocks automatically when the screen is off and gives a good battery boost. Hat's off to Black Droid and RafficaX. Now I'm waiting for Xkape to make me a gold theme for it. dancedroid

Last edited:

macgyver1307

Reaction score
Awesome rom .... can't find anything wrong yet ...or if ill have problems ...the new theme app is titts. And just wish I could get battery percentage ..and what kernals work with this thanks bd.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
im using adw launcher and getting alot of redraws. am i the only one

beaton3344

Reaction score
Redraws with adw and lose 3G when receive calls. Awesome rom tho love it. Thanks for the hard work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sisk

Reaction score
From what I'm seeing I may be the only one having this problem. Within a couple minutes of booting 3.0 my phone was warm enough to be uncomfortable to hold for long. By the time I got my monitoring widgit going it was at 50 degrees and still climbing. I went back to 2.5 for fear of overheating my phone.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
From what I'm seeing I may be the only one having this problem. Within a couple minutes of booting 3.0 my phone was warm enough to be uncomfortable to hold for long. By the time I got my monitoring widgit going it was at 50 degrees and still climbing. I went back to 2.5 for fear of overheating my phone.

My phone heated up like that but the temp dropped really quick. However, i installed a chevy kernel instead cuz I Know that kernel always runs cooler on my phone.

bdub33

Reaction score
I ran a benchmark on linpack the went to post and it said sholes2.2.1?? Is this still a 2.2.1 rom with gingerbread parts??

Sent from my Droid

droidedin

Reaction score
Great start. My main issue was a connection issue to the market both on wifi and 3g.

Im excited to see whats next.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

jeffcicale

Reaction score
This beta rom has to be the best I have ever tested. It is completely stable and am only having problems installing google voice. Thanks to all the developers involved for all your hard work! I'm now a UD fan for lif...can't wait for more gingerbread!

Edit: Just restored google voice 2.0.1 from titanium backup and it now runs perfectly.

Last edited:

meishkov

Reaction score
Very exciting list of features...especially that changing themes on the fly. Can't wait til that is up and running perfectly.dancedroid