The Rugged Droid Contest!

skostos

Reaction score
Rugged Droid..

On my trip home from Endor yesterday I ran across some ever so annoying Tie Fighters. As usual these guys followed me, even after the jump to hyperspace. Bullies! Anyway, when we came out of light speed we found ourselves in the middle of an asteroid field. I am a great pilot, but one needs the reflexes of a Jedi to navigate through a field of flying boulders. After a few blasts from my laser and some unfortunate decisions those bullies had either been blown up or crashed on their own. However I was not quite off to the races myself. My ship had been badly damaged in the battle, and sending my droid out to make repairs was the only way I would make it out alive. I sent M0-T0, along with a few other droids, out on the far flap and they began to work. With asteroids coming from every direction I could only watch as the droids were knocked off and destroyed one at a time. M0-T0, in an amazing feat was able to repair the damage to the ship, and return inside to help safely navigate home. When we arrived back to Hoth a ceremony was held to honor this small droid and its heroic efforts. Long story short, I feel like this case would be beneficial to an intergalactic navigation droid such as M0-T0. After seeing what happened to the other droids I sent out on the wing that day, I want to take all necessary precautions to ensure the future safety of this brave little droid.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
^ Winner right there IMO hahaha, oh star wars...

jxspence

Reaction score
My droid desperately needs this!

i have a two year old son that is already planning on trying out for the US Olympic team in the discus event the next time tryouts come along. It doesnt matter where i place my phone, he finds it and will find a way to get to the phone. Once he gets it he will spin pretending that he is 'flying like daddy' and then the phone always takes a flight of its own when he stops. I love my droid and i need something that can withstand a 2 year old.

On a side note, i will be willing to let my son product test anything for durability if anyone wishes a good real world test :)

tarheel blue

Reaction score
Kids ages 2 1/2 and 5, that should suffice. They broken my Body Glove one in two weeks. LOL :icon_evil:

dancedroid

gatewayad

Reaction score
This is just what I need for my weekend nights out drinking. Twice now I have licked Rum off the top hoping it doesnt get down in to my Droid while it's been sitting on the bar in all it's glory. You ask why would I leave it out on the bar while there are all my idiot friends around doing shots... it just looks outstanding sitting there on the bar outshining my friends IPods in all it's glory with the live wallpapers running. I just cant leave it in my pocket. You understand ---- DROID Does .... bar proof

DaniDarko

Reaction score
Naked Droid

First phone I have actually relied and enjoyed for a while. I have 2 kids, a 3 and 5 year old. I spent a good bit of money on silicon cases screen covers and holsters. Can't seem to find anything that really protects my phone, I hope this works out.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I dropped my droid on concrete before it was even activated. It was in my shirt pocket and I leaned over.

I then spent $30 on a bodyglove case because I had to have it RIGHT NOW before I dropped it again. Within a few months, the little tabs broke off, making the top half of the case fall off.

I once did the shirt pocket thing again - it landed screen-size down on a tile floor and I kicked it across the floor with my next step.

I went to the Verizon store to get them to replace the case. They did - but the new case right out of the box was broken in the same exact way. They found another one that wasn't broken, but it's just a matter of time with this flawed case design.

I don't take care of my things very well. I need a case that can put up with my daily torture.

deputc26

Reaction score
Why I need a rugged case.

I bought my Droid originally for its standalone GPS capabilities, I am often in need of a gps but I hate having to carry multiple devices, I'd been tracking Android since the G1 and I decided to get the Droid as soon as I saw it's specs. I bought the Droid in Nov. Right after it came out and immediately began using to to track my student's traffic patterns and ground reference maneuvers using My Tracks ( I am a flight instructor). This was a bonus but the real reason I wanted stand alone GPS was to use it as an aid to situational awareness and emergency navigation device while mountaineering as the previous winter I'd been part of a mountaineering trip up Mt. Rainier that started and ended in a near-zero-visibility blizzard, and navigating with a compass and mapless vintage gps was a pain and would have been dangerous with a less capable group. The Droid's inaugural mountaineering trip was early December up in the San Juans of Colorado where we planned to summit the Wilsons and El Diente. Before starting out we talked to some locals in Durango and they claimed it was the coldest they'd seen it in 5 years. The cold killed all the batteries in all my devices and the backup batteries as well, the My Tracks Track ended with the battery after 9 miles. At twelve thousand feet I fell through the ice on top of a frozen stream and got my right foot wet. It froze solid and after covering 22 miles through snow with a heavy pack to get back to the car, I flew back to Canada (I am a dual citizen) for the free healthcare and lost half of two of my toes to frostbite (no lie, full story here: Welcome to Facebook | Facebook), just as I was getting ready to get back to work I tripped on my bad foot while getting out of a sailboat and my Droid fell in the ocean, I fished it out and remarkably it worked again after letting it dry as documented in this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...7-dropped-droid-off-dock-underwater-5min.html). My Droid is also my camera when canyoneering in the summer in AZ and UT. If any Droid needs protection... I think it's mine.

Marathonman

Reaction score
Me, because I can't even win playing Bingo or scratch off Lottery tix! LOL

dumpyloser

Reaction score
Innocase

I definitely need the Innocase... My body glove broke and I need a way to keep her warm after Frozen Yogurt gets inside.

jayrod718

Reaction score
I think I should have one of these rugged beast of a case provided to me because of my current volunteer work I am providing in which will last at least 6 more months and the protection is highly needed for my Moto Droid to survive. I live in Nashville, Tennessee area and have been affected by the recent flooding tremendously. Myself and my neighbors and community have a huge amount of damage and total losses of huge proportions. I currently spend about 50+ hours a week helping cleanup Nashville communities. I provide volunteer work for local businesses, neighbors, FEMA and the Red Cross. I stay extremely dirty all day and work in some extreme conditions. I would find this case extremely useful as I use my phone throughout the day to receive and respond to my co-volunteers.

Thanks for considering me!

Jarrod

jkcparker

Reaction score
I could really use the case because when im inside a burning building or pulling people out of cars my phone is there through it all. Nothing says phone love like disinfecting your hands before i even think of touching my phone. The rugged 360 combo will suit my needs perfectly

cspeezak

Reaction score
I sell these babies everyday.

I need the best case so I can show my customers what the best case possible is. I also need it because many customers like to look at my phone and it has taken a few falls as a result. :dry:

ygohome

Reaction score
my Motorola Droid sometimes gets dusty and tossed around while driving in my jeep. The Rugged Droid Seidio case would be the perfect solution to protect my Droid. Plus I need it handy and operable to call for help from remote locations occasionally.