*** All New *** Seidio Innocase(TM) Rugged for Motorola Droid Now Available!

mkhannah

Reaction score
Can the 1mm screen protector, part of the inner casing, be replaced w/o re-purchasing the whole case? A $5 replacement with $5 shipping is better than another $50 plus shipping.

This is the only thing holding me back at this point. Thanks.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Hey seidioseido....

Is there any chance that you guys will be selling these cases through Amazon.com?
(I have an Amazon gift card burnin' a hole in my pocket!) :)

NICE CASE!

husker_fan

Reaction score
Was very happy when my case showed up a day early. dancedroid

Looks exactly like the photos already posted, if I can get my hands on a camera and figure out how to post them I will.

Looks nice and solid. Taking the outer "rugged" case off will take some practice. The package came with instructions for installing the Innocase 360 and how to use the belt clip, but nothing for the rugged part of the case. I dont know if there just arent instructions or they forgot to put them in the box. SeidioSeidio are you able to clarify? I would just assume remove the case in a proper way so I dont damage anything.

I have a Seidio Dock and plan on take my outer shell off everyday.

For the time being I am just gonna leave the Innocase I already have on my phone for a few reasons. I figure I can have the new 360 as a backup and I already have a screen protector on my phone and dont want to take it off, took me too long to put it on correctly.

I dont have my Body Glove case with me, but I'd say it and the Rugged are about the same size or so.

I have been more than pleased with all of my Seidio products so far and will suggest them to anyone.

will.anaya

Reaction score
Hello All,

Seidio is proud to announce our Innocase(TM) Rugged, our first convertible case that combines the sophistication of a Innocase 360 with built in screen guard and clear keyboard, pair that with the security of the Rugged Skin and matching holster. We are happy to announce that it is NOW AVAILABLE for shipping!

BD3-HKR4MTDD-2.jpg

BD3-HKR4MTDD-3.jpg

BD3-HKR4MTDD-4.jpg

BD3-HKR4MTDD-5.jpg

BD3-HKR4MTDD-6.jpg

BD3-HKR4MTDD-7.jpg

The Innocase Rugged is now shipping for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 & Apple iPhone 3G/3GS & Motorola Droid! Please visit here for complete details!

Innocase Rugged for Motorola Droid

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments! dancedroid

Just got mine tonight. actually had them hold it at FedEx cuz i didnt want to miss the delivery.

why are the instructions to assemble the case inside the case? for awhile there i could not figure out how to open the case. lol.

the case, sans holster, is somewhat heavier, maybe like carrying two droids, but since i love my droid and like the rugged case, i dont care, but maybe others will.

the protective cover of the case is fine, not great. there is some hesitation when i swipe the screen. i have to press down a litter harder than normal. and the bottom "back" and "search" button on the droid will not work unless i press really, really, really hard.

the cover for the camera lens only stays close when the skeleton is on, if not, it just flaps there. and the cover for the 3.5 jack is real hard to take off so i guess i know that that part is well protected.

the case, or more so, the skeleton is a little too slick. the verizon shell had a rubber feel to it thus made holding it easy to grip. however, with the internal rubber cover, gripping the skeleton tight should not cause harm to the droid.

(pic 3)the holster is great but bulky. it needs to be bulky with the thickness of the shell though. the only part of it i did not like is the "arm" that holds the droid in the holster. (the exact terminology might be wrong. when i say "arm" its the top locking mechanism that extends over the top of the droid). it has a tip that extends too far out, the tip is used to lift the arm up to release the droid from the holster. it could stand to lose a couple mm, nay, a couple cm's

but here's the weird part, using a rating scale of 10, i actually give it a 9.5. its rugged. exactly what i need. i, in no way expected to purchase something that was described as "rugged" to be thin and stylish. if i did, then i would expect to replace that piece of garbage after one month. but i expect this to last a long time.

sorry no pics. the droid is the only camera i own. and what ever pic i take would be through a mirror and just the backside.

i am sure others will post pics but the op's pics should suffice.

Last edited:

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No Paypal? =(

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I just got a coupon code in one of Seidio's email specials for 10% off rugged cases. Not sure if you have to get their emails or not for the code to register in your cart.

The code is:

RUGGED10

I am still undecided as to get this case or the otterbox.

the protective cover of the case is fine, not great. there is some hesitation when i swipe the screen. i have to press down a litter harder than normal. and the bottom "back" and "search" button on the droid will not work unless i press really, really, really hard.
the cover for the camera lens only stays close when the skeleton is on, if not, it just flaps there.
The two quotes from will.anaya's review are kind of swaying me towards the otterbox, but the rest of his review sounded good. I am use to Seidio spring clip holsters as I had one for my BB Storm.

I don't think I need the clip as I pocket my phone and I don't think I will be utilizing my OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPR skills at a dangerous site in the near future. I mainly want a case for short drops out of my hand and extra protection from my 21-month old boy.

Can the case be used without the screen protector on the innocase 360? I am going to guess the screen protector is not removable. I am happy with my phantom skinz screen protector and don't want a rigged piece of plastic over the phone screen.

Last edited:

Harmakhet

Reaction score
Mine was ordered this morning. Just got the Droid and love my Seidio cases for all my other phones...but was curious about the Rugged. I work in an office but I do have a 4 year old and do tend to keep my phone with me all the time so the extra protection will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Unfortuately, we do not sell the Rugged Skin & Skeleton by themselves. The Innocase Rugged Combo is designed with the Innocase 360 included to give you the maximum protection for your device. While the Innocase Surface will fit, we do not recommend it.

The Innocase 360 for the Droid is our popular Innocase Surface with a built-in screen protector.

These two statements do not compute. I already have an innocase surface AND a SEIDIO screen protector. But you say the new case is the same thing I already have, yet you don't recommend what I already have. I ONLY need the "rugged" part. Sounds like you're pretty much shafting the customers who've already bought these products by only selling it in the combo.
I'm not paying $50 for a 3 piece combo, when I already own 2 of the pieces to it. Bad call Seidio.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine.. lot of money hope it is worth it... will post thoughts here

OP
S

seidioseidio

Reaction score
will.anaya said:

the cover for the camera lens only stays close when the skeleton is on, if not, it just flaps there. and the cover for the 3.5 jack is real hard to take off so i guess i know that that part is well protected.

Hello, thank you very much for that in depth look at the Innocase Rugged! We are glad that you are happy with your purchase and wanted to answer a few question:

1. For the touchscreen, do you currently have a screen protector on your Droid? If you do, removing it will help a lot of the sensitivity.
2. The Rugged Skin and Skeleton is actually mean to be used together. While you could just place the Rugged Skin over the Innocase 360, it is not recommended and you will experience some loose issues.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments!

Regards,

mac6324

Reaction score
Got my case yesterday. Ripped off my Body Glove case and promptly put this one on. Pretty straight forward process to put on the case. So far I am liking it. I have two cons - getting the camera flap off is a pain if you don't have fingernails and the protective screen is a little tight in the corners. Pushing the back and search buttons take some effort, but I found if you push a little further in you can still hit the corner buttons with less effort. I think the plastic cover might give a bit after use so I will see. Might just cut the plastic cover off if it doesn't improve. Besides that it is great. I feel that I can drop this off a roof and nothing would happen to the Droid. It has the same bulk as the body glove case. I would give it an 8 .5 out of 10.

Kmart95

Reaction score
Got my case yesterday. Ripped off my Body Glove case and promptly put this one on. Pretty straight forward process to put on the case. So far I am liking it. I have two cons - getting the camera flap off is a pain if you don't have fingernails and the protective screen is a little tight in the corners. Pushing the back and search buttons take some effort, but I found if you push a little further in you can still hit the corner buttons with less effort. I think the plastic cover might give a bit after use so I will see. Might just cut the plastic cover off if it doesn't improve. Besides that it is great. I feel that I can drop this off a roof and nothing would happen to the Droid. It has the same bulk as the body glove case. I would give it an 8 .5 out of 10.
Hey, if possible could you take some pictures of the case preferably with the different parts of the case spread out?

mac6324

Reaction score
I will try to post up pics today. I did a few modifications to the case this morning. I said I was going to wait and see how I liked the camera cover and the protective screen cover. Well I am impatient and said screw it. I took a razor blade and cut off the rubber camera flap because no matter how hard I tried I could not get it open. Not a design flaw, just that I chew my nails and I can't get a grip on the rubber piece. I took the big plunge and cut out the screen protector from the frame. I was nervous about doing this but I missed the responsiveness of the naked screen, It is easy to do with a razor blade, still looks good and now I have my screen back. Some of you may be wondering, "why did this guy spend the $ for this case and then cut out some of the protective features?" I bought the case for the keyboard elimination concept, and the rugged / protective features. The phone lives in my pocket. With the Gorilla Glass it has I have no scratches what so ever, and I abuse the Droid daily at work. I have never had a screen protector so I don't think I will miss it. Still give the case a 8.5 out of 10.