The Rugged Droid Contest!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seidio-may-contest.jpg

Seidio and Droid Forums have teamed up again for the Rugged Droid Contest! With the release of Seidio's newest Motorola Droid case, the Innocase Rugged we wanted to give three members a chance to win this awesome case for free!

The Innocase Rugged consists of the Innocase 360, and a Rugged Skin and Skeleton, which are paired together to provide two layers of protection for your phone. This is the only convertible case available; take your Innocase 360 anywhere and add the Rugged Skin if the need arises.

Your phone’s protection begins with the Innocase 360, which is crafted from a hard yet flexible material that provides an amazingly thin layer of protection without adding the excessive bulk of other cases. For your Motorola Droid, the Innocase 360 has a high quality screen guard built-in to protect your touch screen from dirt and oil without interfering with the touch screen functionality.

For an extra layer of protection, Seidio has created the Rugged Skin, which has been designed to fit over the Innocase 360 and a skeleton, which goes over the Rugged Skin. This skin covers the ports and camera to keep out dust and dirt but can easily be removed anytime you may want access to them. This skeleton provides rigidness on the back of your phone to dissipate the shocks, jolts and jarring your phone incurs. Once the Rugged Skin and Skeleton are installed, the phone’s keyboard will not slide out.

How do I win?
Reply in this thread and let us know why your Droid needs some Rugged protection. We will select three winners who post the most original and creative responses.

We will close this thread May 30th and announce the winners on the front page of Droid Forums May 31st!

Good Luck! dancedroid

For more information on Seidio Motorola Droid Accessories visit Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great thread!

I feel I should be chosen because of my line of work. Chasing suspects, getting into fights requires a lot of energy and the possibility of my phone getting hurt =(. Actually happened once....

I was wrestling with a suspect and he started kicking me. Kicked my Droid clear off my Sam Browne and about 50 feet away. Needless to say, my Droid didn't take the landing so well. Had to be replaced.

Thanks for the great Promotion!

killuhjason

Reaction score
because my droid is the best phone ever and deserves the best clothing ;P

I drop it alot with my normal innocase

ajmeboy

Reaction score
Life Saver needs a phone saver

As a paramedic my phone is often in as much danger of "death" as my patients. From running out into traffic to climbing through 2nd floor windows to pulling firefighters from hot buildings my phone is with me through it all.

My phone is instrumental in the daily care of my patients as hospital notifications, doctors orders, and Epocrates are all accessed by my Droid and are essential to providing the highest level of care.

I need it protected and safe so that my extreme maneuvers, elements, and situations will not compromise the function-ability of my "life provider".

Reaction score
I need this because:

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down,
Never gonna run around and desert you,
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye,
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

(Ooh give you up)
(Ooh give you up)
(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give
(give you up)
(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give
(give you up)

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Jagr

Reaction score
I work in the steel mills and really would like to see if it can handle mill conditions. It would really give them a up if it survives and I luv my droid.

eryck22

Reaction score
Because my Droid is like a rock star, all my friends want to touch it. It needs some protection because of it's awesomeness!!!

reswanson

Reaction score
Why I should win one...

My Droid may not be in danger from my running around outside, but as a System Administrator, it still is in danger.

I use my Droid ALL DAY. I am constantly checking email and TXTs, as well as a number of phone calls. Having the Droid in a belt clip is waht I need, but so is having it protected.
"Running" around multiple data centers, has caused my Droid many a spill. I am sure the rugged case could prevent me from having to replace it after damaging my screen.

Thank you for considering me, and helping to protect my most favorite device. My Droid.

loophole

Reaction score
I feel I deserve the Seidio Rugged Case because of my line of work. I work in a specialty metals factory where we melt/roll/grind etc metal. These metals are used for high temp/ high corrosive/ and light weight applications. I really feel I need this case because my line of work is very physical as well as a lot of particles floating around in the air. I had a blackberry before this and it was ruined there due to the environment even in a case (a cheaper one then this type of case) I work anywhere from 40-70 hours a week and normally at least 56 hours so my phone is in this environment a lot. I hope to win this case to avoid replacing my phone. Good luck everyone!

PhoneSter

Reaction score
Simple - I am a clutz. Ive Dropped the droid way to many times. 1 time verizon replaced free. the other 2 had to burn up my insurance for the year

My phone wallpaper reads :stupid:

notamamasboy

Reaction score
I dont always drink beer... But when I do I prefer a seidio case... Stay protected my friend.

Hanoverfiste

Reaction score
Great thread!

I feel I should be chosen because of my line of work. Chasing suspects, getting into fights requires a lot of energy and the possibility of my phone getting hurt =(. Actually happened once....

I was wrestling with a suspect and he started kicking me. Kicked my Droid clear off my Sam Browne (how many people actually know what this is ;) and about 50 feet away. Needless to say, my Droid didn't take the landing so well. Had to be replaced.

Thanks for the great Promotion!

This gets my vote. I realize I have no say but speaking as a retired police officer, anyone who puts on a uniform and goes out every day and puts their life on the line for us deserves whatever we can give them. It doesnt make a difference to me wether you are Law Enforcement, Fire Dept, Military the job you do allows us to remain safe.

image911

Reaction score
Oh, how I NEED one of these cases!

As a Firefighter, EMT and Emergency Management Director, I use my Verizon Wireless DROID on every call - whether I'm documenting the incident (using Documents-To-Go), taking scene photos (and uploading them back to the station (via MyDropbox), notifying hospitals of patient's condition or looking-up medical references... my cell phone is in constant use... and exposed to more than it's share of the elements - be it soot and ash from a wildland or structure fire to snow and rain to an accident victim's bodily fluid (they don't make disposable "gloves" for cell phones... just for the hands that hold them)! Like me, it's on-duty 24/7 - and is more than just a phone, it's my lifeline. Protecting it in one of these rugged cases would ensure its reliability when I need it most.dancedroid