★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

gchave

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the OTA is coming? Anyone heard anything about it recently?

brianlayman

Reaction score
Given the fact that every thing we've been told has been proved false so far, I don't thing we should trust any of it.

I'm now of the view point that they let the OTA leak deliberately so that the people it bothered the most could actually update. I'm sure HTC does that and Verizon doesn't seem to care at their service centers. Motorola may be a bit more prickly. Still, I'm tired of getting a headache from ignoring the squeal while listening to audible books.. and I think I've waited looooong enough past the "two weeks" I was given by engineers back at the start of October.

lm2

Reaction score
Hey do a favor report what system version you are on out the box

My first ever Droid (Bionic) is also on the fedex truck. Are you saying that it *might* come pre-loaded with an un-rootable software version?

Last edited:

lm2

Reaction score
How large will a backup of stock foreverrooted be? Also, is the 16 gb sd card that came inside my bionic the flash memory, or is it an extra 16 gb sd card?

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
I would go aheyad and try Petes deal. The new OTA is supposedto come out any time now and you know if it does its gonna break root. So your best bet is to root and do forever root so if it does come you wont loose root. Thats why I asked about firmware if ts different you may not be able to root. So if you can do it

"Break root? "
What does that mean?
I'm considering buying a Bionic.
Is Moto/Vzwpix going to make it so this phone cannot be rooted?

Pardon please if this is a stupid question.

Thanks
B

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
"Break root? "
What does that mean?
I'm considering buying a Bionic.
Is Moto/Vzwpix going to make it so this phone cannot be rooted?

Pardon please if this is a stupid question.

Thanks
B

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Not stupid at all. At the present time it is real easy root. We are expecting an update which we have been waiting for since the phone came out to fix problems mainly data. If and when it does come out more than likely if you are rooted its gonna break it make not rooted what the foreveroot is supposed to do is not let that happen we dont know if it works because we havent got the update. The Devs Im sure will figure out a way to root again but if the foreveroot works we wont have to wait.

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Not stupid at all. At the present time it is real easy root. We are expecting an update which we have been waiting for since the phone came out to fix problems mainly data. If and when it does come out more than likely if you are rooted its gonna break it make not rooted what the foreveroot is supposed to do is not let that happen we dont know if it works because we havent got the update. The Devs Im sure will figure out a way to root again but if the foreveroot works we wont have to wait.

Is this the 3g/4g/no connectivity issues I've heard so much about?
Is this prevalent enough to influence my decision to go with the Bionic one way or the other?

Thanks.
B

wooddale

Reaction score
Is this the 3g/4g/no connectivity issues I'v heard so much about?
Is this prevalent enough to influence my decision to go with the Bionic one way or the other?

Thanks.
B
It would if it were me. If you can wait till end of month update has to be out by then wait and see the Bionic is good when itt is working but when its not it sucks. The HTC Rezound is a great phone or the Google Nexus looks good it is due out anyday.Nexus is a Samsung only drawback but my be good you need to look at it whenit comes out

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
It would if it were me. If you can wait till end of month update has to be out by then wait and see the Bionic is good when itt is working but when its not it sucks. The HTC Rezound is a great phone or the Google Nexus looks good it is due out anyday.Nexus is a Samsung only drawback but my be good you need to look at it whenit comes out

I've been waffling between the Rezound and the Bionic.
I'm not sure that the Rezound is $100 better, but with the connectivity issues maybe it is.
I'm also not sure about the build quality and track record of HTC.
I was not too impressed with the Incredible.

I guess I'll inquire into Verizon's return policy if I get a defective unit.

Thanks.
B

wooddale

Reaction score
I've been waffling between the Rezound and the Bionic.
I'm not sure that the Rezound is $100 better, but with the connectivity issues maybe it is.
I'm also not sure about the build quality and track record of HTC.
I was not too impressed with the Incredible.

I guess I'll inquire into Verizon's return policy if I get a defective unit.

Thanks.
B
I HAVE a Thunderbolt and it is a great phone only draw backn battery life build wise moto is a bit better but not enough to sway me away aDont ask Verizon there onlyngoing to tell.you wuats best for them. Go to the store and feel them try them out I did. The Razr doesnt have a removable battery I have had quite a few phones and there was not one I didnt have ro do a battery pull on. Especiallybsince your thinking of rooting. Anotherbgoodbreason to look at Rezound and Nexus no locked bootloader

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
I HAVE a Thunderbolt and it is a great phone only draw backn battery life build wise moto is a bit better but not enough to sway me away aDont ask Verizon there onlyngoing to tell.you wuats best for them. Go to the store and feel them try them out I did. The Razr doesnt have a removable battery I have had quite a few phones and there was not one I didnt have ro do a battery pull on. Especiallybsince your thinking of rooting. Anotherbgoodbreason to look at Rezound and Nexus no locked bootloader

Yeah.
I considered the Razr but REALLY don't like the non-removable battery and the blue hue was annoying.
A shame really. I like pretty much everything else about it!
:(

Boo Moto!

So. Still pondering.
Anniversary date is 26th so got plenty of time to research.
Maybe the OTA for Bionic comes out before that.

Anybody get ICS for their Bionic yet?
Are there any custom ROMs that are better?
I'd rather not root if I don't have to, though I don't know if there is a way to truly back up ALL data without rooting.

Thanks all.
B

wooddale

Reaction score
Yeah.
I considered the Razr but REALLY don't like the non-removable battery and the blue hue was annoying.
A shame really. I like pretty much everything else about it!
:(

Boo Moto!

So. Still pondering.
Anniversary date is 26th so got plenty of time to research.
Maybe the OTA for Bionic comes out before that.

Anybody get ICS for their Bionic yet?
Are there any custom ROMs that are better?
I'd rather not root if I don't have to, though I don't know if there is a way to truly back up ALL data without rooting.

Thanks all.
B
I would oot just for that point if they fix the Bionic its gonna be a Great PHONE you got time wait screw the Razr just dont like it. There are several roms out for the bionic. I am on TH3ORY and Liberty I switch. DH from TH3ORY is working on a ICS rom its in Alpha now. Not totally working I give himba week and he will have it upnand running for a driver

drice72

Reaction score
I finally got mine! :biggrin: I upgraded from a D1. I'm pretty blown away at this point. I'm gonna keep toying around with it then decide how much to mod it. So far so good tho! loving the battery life compared to my 2 yr old battery on the D1. Charging every 45 mins. I can go all day at work running wifi without charging.

zxd9

Reaction score
Picked up mine today. Upgraded from a Samsung Omnia II (Windows Phone).

Really like the larger screen. I use mine a lot for Word/Excel and this phone is much better. Really looking forward to digging into this thing.