★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

linkage423

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone else getting this problem.
when im notified that i have an update on the market it always tells me that i was one extra update then i actually have. So if it says i have 2 updates i check it and i have one or when it says i have 1 update i check the market and i dont have any updates. Very strange

I did have that problem...for some reason apparently like youtube and google maps were listed as "not installed" but when I went in there it said there was an update...plus I might have wiped stored data a few times for the market...Idk if that'll help but I have found it didn't hurt xD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

My_Comment

Reaction score
PROS CONS of the Bionic??? I just got my Moto RAZR- I love it!! But I do have 14 days to decide if the Bionic is better..

PROS CONS of the Bionic??:icon_ banana:

wooddale

Reaction score
PROS CONS of the Bionic??? I just got my Moto RAZR- I love it!! But I do have 14 days to decide if the Bionic is better..

If the Bionic was working like it should there would be no decision I just came back from verizon and tried one out my Bionic worked perfect. Butit always does in solid 4g its switching that is the problem. Personally I just like the feel of the Bionic better. The Razr worked perfect also up load and download speeds were the same that is a concern for me. So if you got the Razr snd are happy with it go for it

My_Comment

Reaction score
If the Bionic was working like it should there would be no decision I just came back from verizon and tried one out my Bionic worked perfect. Butit always does in solid 4g its switching that is the problem. Personally I just like the feel of the Bionic better. The Razr worked perfect also up load and download speeds were the same that is a concern for me. So if you got the Razr snd are happy with it go for it

Thank you for your feedback wooddale! :)

lisalisa13

Reaction score

I love my bionic! Upgraded from a fascinate which I had problems with ever since the froyo update. The bionic is very fast and you can print and retrieve from your computer which were the key selling points for me. Not sure the differences between the bionic and the razr other than I know you can't pull the battery on the razr(don't think I would like that!] The only gripe I have is the camera which is rumored to be fixed in the next update, and I wish it was louder on the cardock

markwebb

Reaction score
My new Bionic is on the FEDEX truck en route to me as I type. Will report back later today after receipt and activation!dancedroid

markwebb

Reaction score
^^
Absolutely . Should I root or at least wait a day or two? :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
^^
Absolutely . Should I root or at least wait a day or two? :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
I would go aheyad and try Petes deal. The new OTA is supposedto come out any time now and you know if it does its gonna break root. So your best bet is to root and do forever root so if it does come you wont loose root. Thats why I asked about firmware if ts different you may not be able to root. So if you can do it

markwebb

Reaction score
Hey do a favor report what system version you are on out the box

It is 5.5.886. Love the phone so far! It is so freaking fast compared to original Droid. I must now root and get rid of bloatware!

wooddale

Reaction score
It is 5.5.886. Love the phone so far! It is so freaking fast compared to original Droid. I must now root and get rid of bloatware!

Thats stock I thought they may have updated it being new. Called Verizon and Moto they both said OTA by end of month so what the heck might as well root while you can. Just make sure you do forever root. Happy rooting let me know how it went.

markwebb

Reaction score
Thats stock I thought they may have updated it being new. Called Verizon and Moto they both said OTA by end of month so what the heck might as well root while you can. Just make sure you do forever root. Happy rooting let me know how it went.

Yep! Went very well. Both root and forever root! Now how do I get rid of bloat?

wooddale

Reaction score
Yep! Went very well. Both root and forever root! Now how do I get rid of bloat?

The easiest way is to flash a ROM Im on Purity v.2.5tpax TH3ORY ROM DT does it all for you there are 3paxs to choose from. Im on zoom. Before you do though make a backup of the stockrooted foreveroot. That way when the OTA comes you can go back to it. The Ota will only work on stock rooted rom with all the blur.

markwebb

Reaction score
The easiest way is to flash a ROM Im on Purity v.2.5tpax TH3ORY ROM DT does it all for you there are 3paxs to choose from. Im on zoom. Before you do though make a backup of the stockrooted foreveroot. That way when the OTA comes you can go back to it. The Ota will only work on stock rooted rom with all the blur.

Gotcha! I was eyeing that ROM and its themes. So excited. Ok, will back up current root stock and report back later! I have to install Bootstrap first befoe I forget. LOL

wooddale

Reaction score
Gotcha! I was eyeing that ROM and its themes. So excited. Ok, will back up current root stock and report back later! I have to install Bootstrap first befoe I forget. LOL

Im jealous I want a new phone lol