The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4747

Reaction score
It's a Charge I think but this is all meaningless...even more negative if anything because it shows that Verizon doesn't even have this stuff fully ready. I have a feeling we're all going to be let down starting now as we are already not getting any announcements today..

MrKleen

Reaction score
It's a Charge I think but this is all meaningless...even more negative if anything because it shows that Verizon doesn't even have this stuff fully ready. I have a feeling we're all going to be let down starting now as we are already not getting any announcements today..

I fully agree and I think that Verizon is dropping the ball bigtime here. An announcement would appease all of us, but they will not even do that. And all while it releasing around the world. I am not very happy with the way Verizon is handling this situation and if I had a choice I would leave them.

xandor

Reaction score
I fully agree and I think that Verizon is dropping the ball bigtime here. An announcement would appease all of us, but they will not even do that. And all while it releasing around the world. I am not very happy with the way Verizon is handling this situation and if I had a choice I would leave them.
I'm with you -- Verizon could be doing a better job, but right now they're acting like a turtle -- hiding in its shell.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Let's look at it this way, Europe is beta testing for "US"! (see what I did there?!)

redoregon

Reaction score
That doesn't even look like the nexus?

Yup, it's just a placeholder their webmaster used to get ready. And he's probably getting yelled at because he missed that one when he made sure they weren't publicly visible yet. When release time comes they'll get the images in place and everything else required.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
this phone will be awesome for us here in the forums, but if they don't have some fanfare or ad campaign the sales numbers are going to be awful. I don't understand what VZW is doing here.

screaminz2002

Reaction score

I don't know if I would leave them over not announcing a new phone. Even thought it sucks it just doesn't rate up there on my; they wont get my money list. As a carrier they have done well over the last 5 or so years. Every problem I have has been taken care of and customer service has never told me there was nothing I could do because I had a 2 year agreement *cough Sprint* For all of Big Reds faults I still have unlimited data, a fair price compared to other carriers, and outstanding call service. I haven't had AT&T since the mid 90's when they raped me for long distance and local phone service (I don't hold a grudge) Oh and just so you know.. T-Mobile is also known by Telecom who stuck it to just about every married American soldier leaving Germany. If you didn't have someone to take over your home phone number then I believe you paid them about 300.00 to PCS. That was in 2000. There were no other choices because they were a true government appointed monopoly. I would use tin cans before T-mobile. Dont even ask what I paid a month for DSL...

Diab210

Reaction score
Is this a joke?? Is every country gonna get this phone except US? There is like 11 people in Canada...

Maybe the bear population makes up for the difference in human population :p But seriously.. that sucks.

pchakmak

Reaction score
Maybe the bear population makes up for the difference in human population :p But seriously.. that sucks.

Can anyone make sense of this? I know its been talked about like crazy. But why wont they just give us a date already. This is more of a rhetorical vent...no response required. :disappointed:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of things that hit me...

#1 - I can't wait to go into a VZW store and have them show me the Charge and say it's the new Nexus (based on those screens earlier)

#2 - The US version is the only LTE version (right?) and Verizon's LTE is clearly having some issues as of late with all the new phones. This is pure speculation, but I'd be willing to bet Verizon is trying their darnedest to make sure this phone is as bug free as possible before they give anything concrete. Heck, even Matias Duarte (sp?) wasn't even running the final build the other day in that video on The Verge. You would think they would be on a final build this close to a release... that is, IF we're "this close" :icon_ devil:

just4747

Reaction score
This is bull****, I can't believe still nothing. It's almost heartbreaking at this point, just because of how many rumors there have been and possibilities..

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is bull****, I can't believe still nothing. It's almost heartbreaking at this point, just because of how many rumors there have been and possibilities..

It's true but we are the source of all the rumors and speculations, unfortunately. VZW has never said anything other than putting up a signup page. It definitely stinks we haven't heard anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.