The Great Sapphire Theme Off! - 0.6.2

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
For all of you themer's out there, this is your chance to get your theme officially supported with each release!!

Here is the way this will work.

Theme Sapphire.

Post a download link and Screenshots in this thread.

When we are nearing our next release, we will post a poll for the general public to vote on. The theme with the highest votes will be officially supported by us.

Simple Easy Fun

Rules:
Come voting time don't make posts asking for people to vote for you.

No Framework changes beyond .png's and .9.png's, All lettering is changed using the provided color changer.

If you are porting another theme to sapphire rom be sure to get the ORIGINAL themer's permission first.

NO nandroids, it must be in an update.zip format.

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I have created a simple Black Bar Modification used by many people on Cyanogen Mod. I have ported it over to Sapphire. Included with the theme are new (white)notification icons and a black bar. I have made the SMS/Gmail logo's colored. Also gtalk logo is colored. Very simplistic theme to give Android a sleeker look.

Download Links
ClockWork Mod Recovery: Froyo-Sapphire- BlackBar.zip
SP Recovery: http://www.mediafire.com/?izn2zrdycyz (Thanks Tank!)

Screenshot:
snap20100628_174602.png

wingdo

Reaction score
Now that's what I'm talking about. Simple notification bar. Thanks, this will be sweet to test out.

wingdo

Reaction score
The file will not install. I went back to the default theme, and when trying to apply the above theme, it always comes back

installing update...
installation aborted.

JoelWRX

Reaction score
The file will not install. I went back to the default theme, and when trying to apply the above theme, it always comes back

installing update...
installation aborted.

Which recovery image are you using? I have only tested this with clockwork mod

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

installing update...
installation aborted.

I installed this over 0.6.2 using clockwork with no issues.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

installing update...
installation aborted.

Which recovery image are you using? I have only tested this with clockwork mod

Using SPRecovery.

It's probably not in the update.zip format, so it can only be installed through clockwork.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

wingdo

Reaction score
Using SPRecovery.

It's probably not in the update.zip format, so it can only be installed through clockwork.

It is an update.zip - should install just fine if renamed properly and if one selects "allow update.zip install" or whatever that thing is called

So basically I should apply this the same way I move between UD, Sapphire, and BB, as well as the same way I try all the other themes?

Nope. Didn't work. Installation aborted.

I have also downloaded the file twice checking to see if the first one may be corrupt. Both zips open fine.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

It is an update.zip - should install just fine if renamed properly and if one selects "allow update.zip install" or whatever that thing is called

So basically I should apply this the same way I move between UD, Sapphire, and BB, as well as the same way I try all the other themes?

I don't know what to tell you. Installed perfectly for me.

wingdo

Reaction score

I don't know what to tell you. Installed perfectly for me.

I'll try downloading from a different computer I guess, or peraps straight off the Droid.

wingdo

Reaction score
OK, so I download the file straight from the Droid's browser. I copy the file to the root of the sdccard, I rename it update.zip, I boot into recovery, I choose install, I click allow update.zip Installation, I click Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated), I get the following:

Install from sdcard
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
update aborted.

Did you do your install with SPRecovery?

How hard is it to install clockwork and have it running with SPRecovery? Seems like a lot of to do just for a 3MB theme. ;)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, so I download the file straight from the Droid's browser. I copy the file to the root of the sdccard, I rename it update.zip, I boot into recovery, I choose install, I click allow update.zip Installation, I click Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated), I get the following:

Install from sdcard
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
update aborted.

Did you do your install with SPRecovery?

How hard is it to install clockwork and have it running with SPRecovery? Seems like a lot of to do just for a 3MB theme. ;)

Well you did everything right.

If you install ROM Manager it's easy to switch between the two. I think Joel might have to look into why this install is having trouble on the other recovery, but we both come from the CyanogenMod world where most everyone runs clockwork.