The Great Sapphire Theme Off! - 0.6.2

les017

Reaction score
OK, so I download the file straight from the Droid's browser. I copy the file to the root of the sdccard, I rename it update.zip, I boot into recovery, I choose install, I click allow update.zip Installation, I click Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated), I get the following:

Install from sdcard
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
update aborted.

Did you do your install with SPRecovery?

How hard is it to install clockwork and have it running with SPRecovery? Seems like a lot of to do just for a 3MB theme. ;)

I get the exact same. Clock work is easy enough. Just get ROM Manager from the Market. I'll wait though. SPR is easy and fool proof and RM had just enough various random issues that I have become disinterested in bothering with it. It's actually very easy and slick, just not my preference.

wingdo

Reaction score
It looks like what I have been wanting for ages, but I just need to figure out a way to make this install or wait for a fixed .zip.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would appreciate a SPRecovery as well. If it's doable of course : )

I don't want to install ROM Manger on my device.

wingdo

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Ya'll had me worried that I couldn't work SPRecovery correctly anymore.

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I would appreciate a SPRecovery as well. If it's doable of course : )

I don't want to install ROM Manger on my device.

It is definitely doable... Give me a bit, I'll look into it, unless he is going to do it. :)

Sorry guys, I am from cyanogen world and the recovery image of choice is clockwork. I worked with SP Recovery briefly, and am not sure how to convert a file over. I think SP Recovery requires zip's to be signed?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thanks guys! Ya'll had me worried that I couldn't work SPRecovery correctly anymore.
thats the beauty of SPRecovery...if something doesn't jive it will not work. PERIOD : )

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm booting into recovery now, getting ready to test to see if what I threw together is going to work.

GAH! My recovery's missing D:

Gonna flash through terminal to get it back... I was using Clockwork (don't hate me or call me a hypocrite CK :p) because I was flashing a lot today. I'll tell you if it works in a little bit guys. I already have it uploaded, but I don't want to post unless it's gonna work.