Tested and Confirmed! UPDATE TO 2.3.6 / 6.12.174 and KEEP ROOT! EZ Too!

manhatton

Reaction score
Bought phone today at BB. Non root phone--skipped to step 4. No go. "assert failed:..........("/system/build.prop",.... and on and on then E: Errorin/tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)
INstallation aborted.

errrr

Reaction score
where can i get the voodoo app? what exactly does voodoo do? it mentions disabling safestrap as well and i don't have it? do i need it?

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
where can i get the voodoo app? what exactly does voodoo do? it mentions disabling safestrap as well and i don't have it? do i need it?
I don't think you asked enough questions.
I wish this thread would be deleted, because 174 is far out-dated and even 178 is not interesting at all.

Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper is in my Droid RAZR Utility as well as the Android Market. Googling is an amazing thing sometimes.
Voodoo does as its name says, lets you keep root after OTA updates. Disabling safestrap may not be enough, because you can only update when you have a clean preinstall folder, which safestrap destroys. If you don't have Safestrap you are fine installing any OTA unless you deleting bloat

Reaction score
also there's no need to be condescending. all that was mentioned about voodoo was just the words "voodoo app" that search was unhelpfull, so i asked.