FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update

mrl515

Reaction score
Has anybody made progress with status 7??? I'm up a creek atm and have no clue what to do...

GotnFX

Reaction score
Has anybody made progress with status 7??? I'm up a creek atm and have no clue what to do...

Status 7 errors can be due to your current software is not bone stock. You had a bad download of one of the files or unknown sources and/or USB debugging not checked.

Latchback

Reaction score
Hey guys, this post may be a bit out of place, but I am facing a similar situation with my Droid 4. I just got the JB update and had issues, and attempted to fastboot to ICS (BAD idea); it failed obviously.

Would there any way to get this method to work for the Droid 4? It is a long shot but I am guessing it would not. Thanks!

cwebber1990

Reaction score
so im having a problem with this issue too. i followed all the instructions as it was stated. when i get to number 10. i get a status 7 error. any hope of surviving this brick? could it be a bad download of the blur? im new too any phone fixing but it says E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

Jhannz22

Reaction score
I have a XT912 bricked after trying to go back to ICS( I know a big no no). But i have read around i know I can get it working if i could get to charge, but no success after trying factory cable, Vol+- and power, bp tools, etc.... Still get battery low in AP fastboot. Any help is appreciated.

edit: JB to Ics

drick2279

Reaction score
I have a driod bionic. Was rooted when i did the the new jelly bean update that released on April 15th 2013 my phone bricked. Is there anyway i can get it back to working order?