Motorola Droid Razr - Installing Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You should prob post this in that thread as well...

Naw, looks like it might have been my fault for being on .215 instead of going back to stock .211.

narrowpath

Reaction score
it seems like i'm having issues everytime with this install. i can't get the gapps installed for some reason and then when i boot up i have no connectivity to data or wifi. i'm assuming it has something to do with this step that i'm not fully understanding:

"Upon the installation process, choose install.zip from SD card again and on this occasion, select kernel files to install."

after i install the ROM .zip file i'm choosing kernal files to install after that? i'm not sure how to do this?

timlitw

Reaction score
same problen here - no data no wifi

Same problem here. No data no wifi

EileenBio

Reaction score
Anyone heard of a Jelly Bean ROM for the Bionic?? Or planing to come up with one??? :biggrin: :biggrin: Desperate!!!!

narrowpath

Reaction score
can anyone be kind enough to offer help on why wifi/data isn't working for some of us?

jayareburn

Reaction score
Recently got the Droid RAZR 16gb version, didn't seem worth it to spend $100 or more for the MAXX (maybe I am wrong), I already have a 32gb SD card from my historic Motorola Droid A855. Great upgrade anyway I look at it. Was hoping to toss a Cyanogenmod OS onto the phone but really haven't seen a need to, besides removing all the pre-installed verizon crap like always. And if the current nightlybuild doesn't allow camera/video then noway am I installing. I certainly love the new camera the pictures come out amazing! Gonna keep my fingers crossed I know you guys will get it :)

OP
P

Philipson

Reaction score
So Official Jelly Bean came to Droid Razr right? How's it going??

itzjusmee

Reaction score
So Official Jelly Bean came to Droid Razr right? How's it going??

Its okay, runs pretty smooth. Better than ICS, but still not my cc up of tea as its a battery hog to me. So I've moved on to flashing custom ROMs and I'll never turn back!

helron

Reaction score
Rooted Cm10 xt912 fails connect to VZ network. Need tofix or return w/o root

Ran Matt's utility in march with great results. Rooted and Safestrap,and installed Cm10 Roms.
Something went wrong and i have lost all network connectivity. the radio fails to connect to VZW service.
I can text without home wifi, and can connect to internet via home wifi and 4g. But, I can't make or receive calls.
Thought it may be Sim issue, and picked up a new card today. No good. Still fails.

So, my options are few. If it's something that I can't fix, I have insurance on the "lost" bricked phone. But, I luv the phone and want to fix it-if possible. Throwing it out the window is my last resort
smile.gif

So, how can I restore my rooted phone to factory condition. If it can't be fixed - VZ will replace it if they don't see root and Saestrap
smile.gif

Any and all suggestions are needed and appreciated.
thanks!!!

tommyg562000

Reaction score

Ran Matt's utility in march with great results. Rooted and Safestrap,and installed Cm10 Roms.
Something went wrong and i have lost all network connectivity. the radio fails to connect to VZW service.
I can text without home wifi, and can connect to internet via home wifi and 4g. But, I can't make or receive calls.
Thought it may be Sim issue, and picked up a new card today. No good. Still fails.

So, my options are few. If it's something that I can't fix, I have insurance on the "lost" bricked phone. But, I luv the phone and want to fix it-if possible. Throwing it out the window is my last resort
So, how can I restore my rooted phone to factory condition. If it can't be fixed - VZ will replace it if they don't see root and Saestrap
Any and all suggestions are needed and appreciated.
thanks!!!

Boot to safestrap and enable default slot which has your original rom.

helron

Reaction score
Boot to safestrap and enable default slot which has your original rom.

Nah. Stock was ruined, too. Dead radio. VZW said it was SIm, i suspected not. new sim failed, so I just used matt's Utility and DrBliss for root. Using stock JB now and all is well. Afraid to try RC5 again. Wont go near Cm10.2 for a few months. It was the dirty Cm10.2 flash that killed me. may go back to AOPK.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Nah. Stock was ruined, too. Dead radio. VZW said it was SIm, i suspected not. new sim failed, so I just used matt's Utility and DrBliss for root. Using stock JB now and all is well. Afraid to try RC5 again. Wont go near Cm10.2 for a few months. It was the dirty Cm10.2 flash that killed me. may go back to AOPK.

Helron what was your phone doing? I too dirty flashed CM 10.2 and I started getting error messages such as no sim power off and reboot with a sim card. All I would do is power down pull out sim, put it back in and reboot. Has happened on both Stock and CM. Annoying but works. I am not sure if its the SIM or not. Is this what you were experiencing? Also flashed gapps for 4.3 and can't update some apps such as MAPs...