jelly bean when?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
It seems most phones receive two major updates before it is cycled out of service. Razr & Razr Maxx received the major update to ICS and will receive the JB update. There are your two updates, probably nothing after that.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say this.... If you want a phone that gets upgraded for 2 years and beyond then you ought to lok at an iPhone. uggghhh! I said it! Shoot me now.

I too have the same problem with iheart radio and tune in radio however, I think it is more a problem with the app/service itself. I use pandora more than any of my streaming services and feel that the quality is leaps and bounds above the rest... even with the free version of pandora.

I have noticed with iHeart and tunein the quality is usually around 44kbps (ACC) even with a solid connection. To me, it sounds like an am radio. I've looked in the settings for both and there does not seem to be a way to improve it. If I log in and stream either from my laptop, I seem to get the same results.

David

We won't shoot you, shun you for a while maybe, but no shooting.

That being said, the iPhone may get updated more than twice, but after a certain update you start getting diminished updates, meaning some features are not available on your phone that are on newer ones.

So same concept as Android, but apple chooses to short change the older phones. And people choose to upgrade to get the newer features.

Android just chooses to say it won't work correctly or fully so we won't give it to you.

Either way, the goal is to get people to upgrade their current phone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Wow. OP, you paid a single $1 for your phone, and you are actually complaining about it not receiving as many updates as you think it needs to?

Why don't you just load the JB leak and when the time comes, load a KLP leak as well.? Or, you can go buy a Nexus device with a lesser build and call quality...

Sent from my RAZR most likely while I was on a toilet somewhere...

yaterml

Reaction score
Until we see an operating system designed specifically for the Quad core processors start to grab a hold then you can suspect that the Razr series will still be updatable seeing as there are no really hardware differences between the Razr and Razr HD series. Even if there is an update to the Razr HD series it wouldn't take much to port a copy to the OG Droid Razr series. I want to see someone port Droid OS to an OG Razr ya know the V3. Quad core phones will eventually take over the current duel core and once they make the leap then we will see programming dump. In the past is be an increase in RAM and Processor speeds that have capped a phone. 750 GHz, 800 GHz, 1 GHz, 1.5 GHz will be the top out they would rather run multiple cheaper processors than better pricier processors plus then writing code for them is easier because it not changing base operating stats only multiplies the amount of processes that can run. That's why an Intel Core phone is interesting because that requires a lot of recoding versus the industry standard snap dragon processors or current gen phones. If you were seeing companies stuffing 2 GHz to 2.5 GHz processors in I would say then future updates might be an issue. Google is less inclined to piss of their fan base by bowing to Big Red. The Nexus for everyone project proves that. Almost every company will be putting out a stock Google OS phone. This unique partnership can change the dynamic of the Droid world and make specialized series more scarce. Removing the market flooding that Motorola had done for Verizon. Interesting side note. Disney now owns both Star Wars (Lucas Arts) which owns the Droid Trademark and Pixar (A former Lucas Arts division) which is a Steve Jobs funded company? Conflict of interest? Disney indirectly controls the fate of the Droid universe by its licensing of the Droid Trademark.

OleManDan

Reaction score
It seems most phones receive two major updates before it is cycled out of service. Razr & Razr Maxx received the major update to ICS and will receive the JB update. There are your two updates, probably nothing after that.

I got my Razr with Ginger Bread, Upgraded to ICS early last Summer, Now scheduled for a JB upgrade this Spring.
I can't complain.

Some people who got their Droid Razr after ICS was already out, will only see one update.
(It's when you got your phone)

It's not like your phone will cease to function after JB...
Like an old truck, many Droid Razar's will see extended years of service.

If my Razr phones hold up, they will see several more years of service before I buy new ones.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I got my Razr with Ginger Bread, Upgraded to ICS early last Summer, Now scheduled for a JB upgrade this Spring.
I can't complain.

Some people who got their Droid Razr after ICS was already out, will only see one update.
(It's when you got your phone)

It's not like your phone will cease to function after JB...
Like an old truck, many Droid Razar's will see extended years of service.

If my Razr phones hold up, they will see several more years of service before I buy new ones.

Yep I agree, just like my Xoom tab will function just fine for years and it is equipped with JB. I haven't manually flashed my Razr Maxx to JB yet but will soon if the OTA doesn't come out.

pico1

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with a manual install of JB on their OG Razr's?

yaterml

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with a manual install of JB on their OG Razr's?

Not to sound like a butt, but Fox did a really good tutorial on installing Jb and this has been addressed in several other forums but what problems are you having?

CamoMike

Reaction score
Not to sound like a butt, but Fox did a really good tutorial on installing Jb and this has been addressed in several other forums but what problems are you having?

Agreed. People need to search a bit before posting random questions. All of these things have been addressed.